Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2018 11:53:31 AM EDT
Picked up a Wasr that is marked GP /  Wasr 10/63 and the trunnion is marked 1978.

Can anyone tell me anything about this rifle? How does this differ from say the newer 2015  models?

I checked the things I knew to check before trading, I checked the make sure all the rivets were good and that the receiver is not dimpled or pushed in. I check to make sure the barrel was straight and the front sight was not too canted etc. Everything looks good, all the serial numbers match.

The only off thing was that the lower handguard and the stock match but the upper handguard is more of a laminate wood, not the red/brown colored really rough looking wood that the other two pieces.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The 10/63's were built using the parts from demilled military rifles.  The newer wasr's are mentioned of being built with newly manufactured parts.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top