Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2007 4:50:34 AM EDT
I was going for something different. So I took an AK I had that already was "aged" and matched it with some other parts I aged myself with wool and sandpaper. I refinished the stock and put on a 74 break. How do you think it looks? Should I add more bluing back, or keep it the way it is?

Link Posted: 11/22/2007 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it looks really nice.  You'll want to be extra careful keeping it lubed externally to prevent rust, though, right?

Still looks nice to me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 7:05:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think it looks really nice.  You'll want to be extra careful keeping it lubed externally to prevent rust, though, right?

Still looks nice to me.

Before I changed it around, it was still lacking a ton of finish, but I'm yet to have a rust issue, not even surface rust. Maybe it's the area I live in, not sure. But I've had the gun for around 4 months (or more) in it's bluing condition without a single issue.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the look of the steel.  The stocks are too shiny for the battlefield look.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the way it looks currently, minus ventilated handguard.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember an earlier pic of this one b4 you aged it and I think it looked better then and I'm not feeling the vented guard. but still a nice rifle.

edit: also the wood is way to nice for that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I remember an earlier pic of this one b4 you aged it and I think it looked better then and I'm not feeling the vented guard. but still a nice rifle.

edit: also the wood is way to nice for that.

I didn't age the AK, I aged the vent and the brake.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
oh, humm. nevermind. I'ma go brush up on my reading skills.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 on the furniture, it looks to nice.

But you did a great job on the rest, the only thing I'd say to do is reblue and re-age the right side of the rear sight base, looks to scratchy try just the wool on it.
I like the vented upper, something different.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Grab some beaten up wood and a slant break.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Grab some beaten up wood and a slant break.

Yeah, I have a Romanian G-kit (laminated pistol grip forend, laminated top handguard, bakelite grip, and laminated stock) furniture set.    They are a little beat up, and they'd match perfectly.  I could take those others off your hand in exchange for them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
+1 on the furniture, it looks to nice.

But you did a great job on the rest, the only thing I'd say to do is reblue and re-age the right side of the rear sight base, looks to scratchy try just the wool on it.
I like the vented upper, something different.

exactly what I thought.  That would be a rather protected area from wear. The latch maybe a different story but the sight base itself would be darker.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top