Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2020 7:40:41 PM EDT
I traded for a BWest Made in USA Serial BWD 1039xx. My trade value was $1300. I have 48 hours to change my mind. I know the bwd is pre ban but is this one of the good rifles and did I do well on the value?
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The short answer is that's it's JUNK!

What did you trade away, that's the first thing.

People will say the BWA, BWB, BWC, BWD serial number prefix were good, that's been proven false

I've owned a half dozen or so of the B-west made in USA chinese AK's
The receiver will ultimately fail near the trigger pin holes and potentially the trunnion rivet holes.

It's a crapshoot on when the trigger pin holes will oval out, could be 500rds, could be  1,500...pure crapshoot.

The rule of thumb  when it comes to the US made B-west guns, treat and value it as a parts kit.
You will have replace the receiver at some point.

^^^^^^Speaking from first hand experience^^^^^

If you took the trade expecting a working gun that will last you got hosed and should trade back as long as what you traded was decent.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Receiver is not heat treated properly.

Hard pass,these are parts guns only.

Resale value is in the toilet and always will be
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hard pass.

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#4]
B-West imported is good because the only thing they did was stamp their name on it.

B-West MANUFACTURED is a Chinese AK parts kit on a shitty, improperly heat treated receiver.

If you want a parts kit then you did OK, not great. For a shooter or collector, go get your shit back and tell the other guy that he should be ashamed of himself.

And do your homework next time.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top