Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2017 10:39:15 PM EDT
This is my gun on consignment. Seller is receiving bunches of questions about the barrel length being 16" instead of 20" and if it is the real deal.
What is the story & how rare this factory 16" barrel Polytech National Match?

(Edited= sorry you can't link to auctions, especially your own -Moderator)

Link Posted: 11/20/2017 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The Chinese would make anything the Keng Family asked for. There were a number of NM's like yours imported, but there number was small.
The RPK / NM were not selling that well and this was the rifle to hopefully bolster sales...the Chinese import ban ended any hope for the future
of imports by the Kengs

Take a pic of the exposed muzzle crown and post to GB...that should quiet naysayers and help the sale...my .02

(Nice Poly btw)
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks CannonCockerPop. Great info...thanks for sharing it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks to me like the barrel was shortened, as the barrel to front site fit does not appear to be the same quality as the rest of the rifle. Personally I'd want to see lots of pics of the muzzle before I put money down on it. I'd also want to see it inside of its original box to see if that was made for the 20 inch barrel.  That said, the Chinese did lots of weird stuff as the ban took affect.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
That barrel was originally a 20" and it's obvious that it was cut down. By who is the question.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't you think its a bit weird that he seemingly joined AR15.com just to answer your question?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks CannonCockerPop. Great info...thanks for sharing it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't you think its a bit weird that he seemingly joined AR15.com just to answer your question?
View Quote
I really didn't notice.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I really didn't notice.
View Quote
Have to think how it might to look to your buyers to see that you added an explanation to your auction on why the gun is the way it is based on a post from someone who appears basically to have joined AR15.com for the sole purpose of answering your questions about your gun in a manner that is favorable to you.

If you want credibility for the shorter barrel of the rifle in your auction contact KENGS at http://kfsindustries.com/ and ask them if they ever imported a 16 inch National Match. And, post their reply.

Edited to add:

For $49.95 Kengs will sell you a signed certificate of authenticity for your rifle; you supply them with your serial number and they will fill it out with all the details they have available on it.
see
http://stores.polytechparts.com/certificate-of-authenticity-for-all-poly-technologies-imported-rifles/
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Have to think how it might to look to your buyers to see that you added an explanation to your auction on why the gun is the way it is based on a post from someone who appears basically to have joined AR15.com for the sole purpose of answering your questions about your gun in a manner that is favorable to you.

If you want credibility for the shorter barrel of the rifle in your auction contact KENGS at http://kfsindustries.com/ and ask them if they ever imported a 16 inch National Match. And, post their reply.
View Quote
You're right I did not expect him to post that in the auction. I was going to call KENGS tomorrow instead I will email them and post the results here.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You're right I did not expect him to post that in the auction. I was going to call KENGS tomorrow instead I will email them and post the results here.
View Quote
I edited my last post with the following info to help you out

Kengs will sell you a signed certificate authenticity for your rifle for $49.95; you give them you serial number and they will look up the import details.
see

http://stores.polytechparts.com/certificate-of-authenticity-for-all-poly-technologies-imported-rifles/
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Email sent to KENGS. I will copy and paste the results...good or bad.
This is not a safe thread, I promise.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Apologies to the members here...I picked up this thread off of active topics and responded.

I joined AR15.com to finally knock one off of my bucket list...I've been lurking for many years.

I collect and shoot both AR's and AK's and their many variants and enjoy both.

Again, my apologies...and best of luck with your sale.

Member:
KCA
ARFCOM
TAKF
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Apologies to the members here...I picked up this thread off of active topics and responded.

I joined AR15.com to finally knock one off of my bucket list...I've been lurking for many years.

Member:
KCA
ARFCOM
TAKF
View Quote
It's all good. We tend to be leary of new posters because we seem to get shill posts fairly often.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, I hope to have a long run here. and contribute at times with what I know.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing to apologize for, just giving the OP a perception heads up on what it looked like when the comment was added to the auction.
A factory 16 inch National Match would be an awesome albeit heavy AK.

Quoted:

Member:
KCA
ARFCOM
TAKF
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I have one. It's a factory original rifle that I bought directly from Keng's via an ad in the shotgun news. It has all the features of the national match, including the heavy barrel, longer stock, national match markings and useless scope base. I'm traveling for the holidays, but I can post pics in a couple days if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have one. It's a factory original rifle that I bought directly from Keng's via an ad in the shotgun news. It has all the features of the national match, including the heavy barrel, longer stock, national match markings and useless scope base. I'm traveling for the holidays, but I can post pics in a couple days if anyone is interested.
View Quote
Yes Please!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
What ever happened to those pics?
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry about not getting back with the pics. I was out of town when I replied to this post and I basically just forgot about it. Somebody sent me a PM and I will be glad to post the pictures of my rifle but the problem is I always use Photobucket for hosting. I can no longer do that. Does somebody have a suggestion on where I can host the pics?
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#19]
" />

" />

[/img

" />]

[img][img]http://i66.tinypic.com/25zjtrm.jpg" />" />]
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 11:40:46 PM EDT
[#20]
As can be seen from the pics above, my rifle has a slightly different but stock profile. It has no rear sling attachment mounted on the stock as it is located on the left side of the receiver. The stock profile of my rifle appears to be identical to the standard Legend buttstock, but it is over an inch longer.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks factory to me. Could possibly be a rifle for/from the keng family.  The turned barrel is very course like all Chinese barrels and it's blued. The relief was probably cut quick for a custom order before the ban and both keng and polytech were trying to get as much in the country as possible. The sling swivel is typical of a type 3.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I just purchased a 16" inch Polytech National Match which looks just like the picture on the first post. The only difference is the rear sling mount is on the receiver, not the stock.

Were you ever able to find out from Kengs if these are legit rifles?

Does anyone have any additional information on these?

Thank you in advance!
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top