Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:49:21 PM EDT
I bought a NMH 91 and it came with one MAG so I bought 2 TAPCO AK47 MAGS....the Tapco don't fit right. Am I doing something wrong. Where can I get the right MAGS at a good deal? Why won't Tapcos work?
OZ
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Or just buy some Eastern block mags and get it over with.
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I had problems with the fitment of the Tapco mags on my MAK-90. I checked the dimensions of both front and rear lock tangs against a Chinese steel mag, and they were substantially larger/wider on the Tapco. I ground the plastic/polymer tangs down until the Tapcos fit and operated smoothly. Now they install/lock smoothly, and seem to run fine. YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Many NHM-91s came with a little rivet on the receiver where the tang on the rear of the mag would make contact (Just under the release lever). Look to see if there's one and if so, chisel/drill it out.

mine has this. what was the purpose for it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:55:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Many NHM-91s came with a little rivet on the receiver where the tang on the rear of the mag would make contact (Just under the release lever). Look to see if there's one and if so, chisel/drill it out.

mine has this. what was the purpose for it?

To keep you from using 30 rd mags

The rivet comes out easily.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Or just buy some Eastern block mags and get it over with

They won't make a difference if the rivet isn't removed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I was just referring to more about him buying comm bloc mags rather than Tapco. It's been a minutes since I posted in this thread, so I don't know what I truly meant...
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#8]
My NHM91 has the same issue with Tapco mags. So does my GP1975.

The mags are not made very well. If the ones you have are to big to fit like mine were just take some sand paper to it.

Take it slow and test fit often.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top