Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2012 10:41:19 AM EDT
Well I decided I didn't like the quad rail I had on one of my AMD's and decided to replace with traditional AK guards. 1st step was to round up a set of wooden ones and a AK gas tube. Modified the tube to fit and sanded down and refinished the guards and sealed.

Got all that done and installed them on the AMD. I really like the way it feels and looks now.  What say you ??

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice job!
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks really good!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
What did you have to do to the gas tube in order for it to fit? I was thinking of picking up another AMD and doing something to it other than leaving it in standard config?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What did you have to do to the gas tube in order for it to fit? I was thinking of picking up another AMD and doing something to it other than leaving it in standard config?

All you do is cut about 1 inch off of a std AK tube and "flare" out the end of it with a 3/8 socket  to match the old one. That's about it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All you do is cut about 1 inch off of a std AK tube and "flare" out the end of it with a 3/8 socket  to match the old one. That's about it.

yeah i figured that. What about the lower handguard? Any mods required?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah i figured that. What about the lower handguard? Any mods required?

Just cut 2 notches, at the top  ( 1 on each side )  in the end where the retaining clip is (about a 1/8 " will do it) Slide it on and lock 'er down.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top