Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 11:59:33 AM EDT
I have an SLR-95 that came with 2 sets of furniture-thumbhole and pistol grip.  I'm wondering why most of you seem to hate the thumbholes.  I know, like with most other things, it's personal preference.  Mine came with the thumbhole on it, I changed it once, put it back and left it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have an SLR-95 that came with 2 sets of furniture-thumbhole and pistol grip.  I'm wondering why most of you seem to hate the thumbholes.  I know, like with most other things, it's personal preference.  Mine came with the thumbhole on it, I changed it once, put it back and left it.

Probably cause the thumbhole represents the ban, and also it's just not how an AK is supposed to look.  They make little Vassilli cry.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate thumbhole stocks on anything that they shouldn't be on, so I hate it when AK's have them or AR's, (and those Daewoo's), but the same goes for rifles that have thumbhole stocks, I've seen a Romanian PSL with a pistol grip and AK buttstock, I hated it, that should have a thumbhole
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:19:45 AM EDT
[#3]
About two years before the ban expired a friend of mine picked up a good deal on the SLR 95 from his son in law. I teased Joe about the stock everytime we went shooting by refering to it as a butt hole stock, something made from a two door shit house.  Old Joe, took the remarks with a grain of salt and one day he showed up with a new SAM-7 and dozen or so 30 and 40 rd waffle mags and feeling good.

five of us on the range and all say'en hay there,..its about time you showed up with something new,  just before all of us snaped in chinese 75 rd drums and Joe just shook his head, said you guys keep upgrading and this is going to give an ulser.

Bob turned his head and said to Joe, we heard from the gun shop that you upgraded and as a present there's a extra loaded drum in the bag so get it mounted and lets break the cherry on your new bitch!!! Everyone had a good long laugh that day and welcomed joe to the next level.    
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hate thumbhole stocks on anything that they shouldn't be on, so I hate it when AK's have them or AR's, (and those Daewoo's), but the same goes for rifles that have thumbhole stocks, I've seen a Romanian PSL with a pistol grip and AK buttstock, I hated it, that should have a thumbhole

I agree with MAKAK47.  Guns that were previously designed with thumbholes, should have thumbholes.  Those that were designed to sport pistol grips and fixed stocks (or folders, for that matter), should be so equipped.  Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I do not care for the thumbhole stocks because that is not the way Vassily Kalashnikov designed them. The German so called assualy weapons thAt gave Mr. K the idea didn't have thumbhomes, and the ones in the USA that do were designed by they whom were trying to bypass the assault weapon concept.

The term assault weapon is disgusting also, unless the weapon is used by the military of the various countries of the world and has a full auto or 3 shot burst finction, "it ain't an assualt weapon, Sarah Brady !!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Vassily?  It's Mikhail.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
STOP.....put down the Enemy at the gates DVD.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top