Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 11:45:43 AM EDT
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is RPK style Buttstock available for  Arsenal SAM7 (Bulgrian styled, Milled receiver)? Also does anyone know where I can find a Galil style thumb safety converson kit for the Arsenal SAM7?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
K-Var has the thumb safety conversion kits for milled receiver AK's.  The RPK stock is a full inch SHORTER than the original length AK stock, so you might want to reconsider putting it on a standard rifle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Templar!
I found it on their website, "AK-335 RL Bulgarian Left and right side selector lever for milled receiver."  I never noticed it before because I was seaching for "ambidextrous" and not coming up with anything.

I 've tinkered with a Galil, with something similar. It was easy to switch off but pretty stout getting back on "Safe". I guess switching the safety off in a hurry is probably more important than getting back in "Safe" quickly, not a big deal with a bit of practice.

My next question in regard to this.  Has anyone installed this on thier Arsenal SAM-7? and If so how do you like it? Easy modifcation?

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have not heard of anyone putting the new safety on, but I'm pretty sure it would require a decent gunsmith to cut the receiver and then to refinish if so desired.

You'd probably have to relieve the grip a little too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have not heard of anyone putting the new safety on, but I'm pretty sure it would require a decent gunsmith to cut the receiver and then to refinish if so desired.

You'd probably have to relieve the grip a little too.

Randy at Independence Arms told me that the ambi-safety could be fitted onto a stamped receiver, but I did not ask about a milled one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't look like the safety will clear a side scope rail.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top