Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2005 12:49:58 AM EDT
What will cause the bolt not to close all the way?  The last 1/8" or so it becomes hard and you have to push on the charging handle to close the bolt all the way.  It will do it with the bolt removed, so I'm assuming it's either the rails or the carrier?  This is on a SAR-1.

ETA: Another issue is the bolt slightly sticking on hammer.  It has a RSA trigger installed, should I smooth down the hammer or is the bolt out of spec?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:25:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it's a slabside

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I had some problems with that and it was due to the upper rails being to high. A little bit of whacking on it with a hammer fixed it right up, YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of receiver is it?
Have you checked the head space?
Is this a bent flat , or 100% receiver build?
Let me know a little more detail, I'd be glad to help.
-Shadow-
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#5]
This is a totally factory built SAR-1.  I haven't checked the headspace.  Upon further inspection, I found the bolt is roatating and locking in, just the carrier isn't closing all the way.  Could this just need to be broken in?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I asked the gunshop about this problem when I took my AK back yesterday. He said most of the new ones will do that they just need to break in.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the same issue with one of my WASRs.. even with the bolt carrier 1/4" away from it's fully closed position the gun still fired fine....... but the gap was a little disconcerning...

after a few hundred rounds through it - it seats fine..... just needed to be broken in....
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top