Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/7/2006 4:58:37 PM EDT
My Norinco 56s-1 underfolder has a Blued Bolt Carrier & Charging Handling.

Are these Military Specs.  If you have one or Info, lets see it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes ,  I have 3 Norinco 56s. One of my 56s has a "in the white" bolt and carrier (just like in your picture). The other 2 have blued bolt carriers. One is a underfolder the other is a fixed stock. On both Norincos the bolts are blued purple and the bolt carriers are blued black. All of the serial #'s are matching so it is not a matter of mixed parts.

I think this is pretty cool because I have never seen this before. Let me know if your bolts are blued a purple color. I have asked about this before and did not get much info on the subject.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Spartan28,

My 56s-1 has a Blued Purple Bolt & Carrier.

I was told by a Ex-Special Forces Officer at the range today that it is a Military Specs. rifle.

He stated that my rifle was slated to be used by someone's military.  However, ended up being made Semi-auto for commercial sales.  He said it still would be used by Military unit somewhere because of the Blued Purple Bolt & Charging Handle; and Quality.

He stated that the Blued Purple Bolt & Charging Handle is to prevent Moonlight/night & Light Glare.  The Glare would give the enemy your Torsal postion away.  An almost easy upperbody kill.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes ,  I have 3 Norinco 56s. One of my 56s has a "in the white" bolt and carrier (just like in your picture). The other 2 have blued bolt carriers. One is a underfolder the other is a fixed stock. On both Norincos the bolts are blued purple and the bolt carriers are blued black. All of the serial #'s are matching so it is not a matter of mixed parts.

I think this is pretty cool because I have never seen this before. Let me know if your bolts are blued a purple color. I have asked about this before and did not get much info on the subject.

My Norinco also has a blued carrier, and purple bolt.  I didn't know what to think when I first stripped it down and saw a purple bolt.  Now I like it!

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I looked at both my bolt carriers in better light and it IS a very dark purple not black. The Bolt itself is a very obvious Purple .

Interesting info on that. If these were Mil spec would'nt the bolt carriers be FA carriers? Mine looks like a semi bolt carrier. I do see mine have FA disconectors but the bolt carriers do not look to be FA, maybe I am wrong?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top