Hi my name is Alex and I am from Holland

I need some help from the experts. I recently bought a ak47
but now i would like the change it to something like this

www.clearviewinvest.com/detail.asp?product_id=005-428

On paper it is an Norinco

but the simbol for the automatic mode is (Infinity)  the turned 8

So my questions are :

1) Do you have enough information to determain what kind of an AK47 this is
2) Where can I buy this kind of modifcation for my Ak47 (it should be shipped to Holland)

Thanx

Alex Leenstra
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hi my name is Alex and I am from Holland

I need some help from the experts. I recently bought a ak47
but now i would like the change it to something like this

So my questions are :

1) Do you have enough information to determain what kind of an AK47 this is
2) Where can I buy this kind of modifcation for my Ak47 (it should be shipped to Holland)

Thanx

Alex Leenstra

Definitely try to find a picture of your rifle, so we can get a better idea exactly what you have.  Being in Holland, you could have very different rifles than we do here in the US.  

First questions would be: is it a stamped receiver or a milled receiver?  (a smooth or dimple in the magwell area, or a milled out "depression.")

If you are wanting to mount a scope to it, I'd recommend either using the side scope rail, or if you don't have one, have a gunsmith put one on your rifle.

Let us know what you've got, and we'll try to help you out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The infinity symbol is a Hungarian mark, Is the front trunnion rivets side by side or are they staggard? Show a pic of your rifle. McM
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you required by your country's laws to have a thumbhole style stock on your AK?

I think you would be much happier with a standard looking stock set from www.k-var.com

The standard style stocks are far more comfortable to shoot with and IMHO look better.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
You've got a fully automatic AK? How does one go about aquiring one in Holland?

Maybe I should move there......
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]

www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_keyword.cfm?queries_index=search2

The Choate stocks are better quality but for heat shields in the hanguards something Bulgarian would work well.  The entire Choate set is $54.45 US plus shipping but you would have to get someone to ship one to you.  Post pictures of your rifle.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Those front handguards lack heat sheilds, and get very hot very fast. Wood is good, sheilded polymer is a bit better, unsheilded plastic like that is no fun at all.

I have to disagree. I once had that exact setup with the Fiberforce Stock on my MAK90. I have since changed the thumb-stock, but kept the plastic front handguards. I have not had any excessive heat problems with them (even after bump-firing a few mags in a row). I'm not crazy about the looks of the handguards, but they are very full in the hands. Which helps me since I'm a decent size guy with big hands.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#8]
It took some time but I've got some pictures

http://www.javra.nl/tmp/ak47%20-%202.jpg
http://www.javra.nl/tmp/ak47%20-%201.jpg

So the questions are:

What kind of AK47 is this Chinese or Hungarian  or other
what kind of receiver  is it

And how can i mod it to

Thnx

I know that the pictures are extremly big but I can't help it for the moment

Alex L
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:15:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
And on the left side, the marks above the front of the receiver (on the trunion) are???

Both sides are needed to be able to ID the rifle.  BUT, from what you've already shown, I can safely say it's a MILLED AK-47 (full-auto) receiver.  Interesting though, is that I don't see a bayonet lug on the gas block.

So you'll have to find a stock set that is for a MILLED AK receiver.  Most AK stock sets are for stamped receivers, and those won't work with your rifle.

Here's a stock set I'd look at if you really wanted plastic.

K-VAR website
www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16192&cat=251&page=2

But personally, I'd rather have THIS stock set!

I'm not sure if any of those thumbhole/skeletonized stocks will fit on milled receivers.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top