Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 9:31:46 AM EDT
We did this this at our last fun shoot this past Sunday (26-MAR-06), thought you AK people might get a kick out of it.  You can read the write up on it at his website kaneohegs.com (see about mid page on down).
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#1]
ouch! AK or  not... damn
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I love it ....I love it !!!!! do it again do it again!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#3]
*shrugs* She's only doing what's required of her. The whore.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Take it you have never read "About Face" by ret. Col. David Hackworth.

Compared to his AK demonstration for his troopers in the Vietnam Delta, yours ain't squat.

Mike

ps - readers digest version:

while preping a new base camp a dozer pushes up a dead gook complete w/ AK and loaded mag.

Hackworth pulls the AK outta the mud, (making sure the bore is clear of obstruction) and this AK, which had been buried for more than a year, rips off 30 rounds flawlessly from the muddy magazine to which Hack proclaims "now this is a real COMBAT rifle"
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#5]
That caused a tear. Beautiful.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Many types of 7.62x39 ammunition continues to be fed into the rifle. By the way, all five types shown here seemed  to hit the steel plate at 440 yards - with regularity - while utilizing the same sight picture and a slight 'holdover'.

And, the soft point ammo (center box) does sound different when striking the steel. The hollow point fed just fine.

That's some impressive shit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Try that with an AR
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like you guys were shootin in the rain anyway.  Judging by the wet t-shirt, and ripples in the water all over.

Might as well dunk yo ho' rifle..

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:05:30 AM EDT
[#10]
That's what I call a great range day.

Over here in MI, as soon as there's some rain and lightning, the wimpy Range Nazis call a cease fire and close the range. There should be a rule that keeps the range open regardless of weather I guess the deer and rabbit hunters were complaining that the rain was getting into their blackpowder rifles or causing their wooden furniture to sweel
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:38:46 AM EDT
[#11]
nice range,...just shoot some oil on the insides and that little rifle will keep going.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
The biggest concerns I would have doing that there would be the high iron oxide/rust content, as well as the high levels of salts that can be found in some of the soils.  I would think it would greatly increase chances of internal rusts forming quickly.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#13]
i remember when i was in the army, we watched a video called know your enemy's weapon or something of that nature.
anyway it was similar, this guy held up an ak-47 and an m16
he dunked the m16 in the water just the water of a pond and fired in the air 2 rounds and it jammed
he then took the ak and layed it in the mud and stood on top of it, then proceeded to dunk it in the water to wash the big chunks of mud off, pulled it up and continued to empty and entire mag without a glitch

i just bought my first ak type a mak 90, and before now even with that video i wasnt a fan of them, but after a few rounds i really like them, infact i think im goin to get either a milled mak 90 or a vepr next.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top