Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 6:25:13 AM EDT
not the block just the tang.

We figured that the leaf spring has to be pushed down and then you twist the sight out?  After almost skinning my hand with a screwdriver I dont know if thats the right way to do it..

someone wise me up
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
You have to depress the spring holding the sight in.  Using superhuman strength use the tip of a screwdriver to hold the back of the spring down and then the sight will slide out.  It's a major pain in the ass.  Have someone else hold the gun while you position yourself on top of the rifle as to use your body weight as leverage to push down on the spring.  Method 2 you can buy the campy sight tool.  It looks like a bottle opener thats designed to depress the spring making a much safer and easier way to remove the sight.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:01:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Make your own tool.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#3]
who you callin a tool

anyone got a pic?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
who you callin a tool

anyone got a pic?

www.redstararms.com/856.htm
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Flip the sight up perpendicular to the barrel, smack it lightly with
a rubber, or plastic mallet, it pops out.

The angle of the spring feeds the pins out through the little channels
when struck at this angle.

To reinstall, feed it in at about 45 degrees up from its base and hit it again.

Works every time for me. Info originally posted at

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=248532

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You have to depress the spring holding the sight in.  Using superhuman strength use the tip of a screwdriver to hold the back of the spring down and then the sight will slide out.  It's a major pain in the ass.  Have someone else hold the gun while you position yourself on top of the rifle as to use your body weight as leverage to push down on the spring.  Method 2 you can buy the campy sight tool.  It looks like a bottle opener thats designed to depress the spring making a much safer and easier way to remove the sight.

+1

Secure the rifle in vice using an old crappy mag.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top