Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:30:00 AM EDT
I picked up a few of these, as well as some Afghani made tac vests and a chest rig. Sorry no pics of the tac vests or chest rig, already mailed them home, but they were pretty interesting. Made of camo nylon with AK mag pouches, holster, rear pockets, and one even had a BK British Knights tag sewn in that the back..... these guys use whatever they can here.

These slings are actually hand woven, with handmade metal ends.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Those are Awsome! Too bad they can't be brought back with "attachments"!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
You should start your own Enterprise out there selling stuff like that to the U.S. market.  I bet you could sell 1,000 of those slings just on this board.
[
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Those Afghanis are pretty skilled at the weaving arts!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Man, I really ought to get that friend of the family to send me some leather, cloth or nylon pashtun tactical rigs (the leather ones are awesome), slings, and leather grip/stock covers with the beads and studs.  He's got friends in Dara Adam Khel.  Can't get AKs, but I could probably get stocks, slings with genuine commie afghan/russian blood on them, russian chest rigs, mags and other various parts.

Anyone interested?  Seriously.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]
those are beautiful! very wonderful. i can't wait to see a picture of the chest rig as well!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#7]
They are woven as well with many bright colors and shiny bells hanging off of them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Man, I really ought to get that friend of the family to send me some leather, cloth or nylon pashtun tactical rigs (the leather ones are awesome), slings, and leather grip/stock covers with the beads and studs.  He's got friends in Dara Adam Khel.  Can't get AKs, but I could probably get stocks, slings with genuine commie afghan/russian blood on them, russian chest rigs, mags and other various parts.

Anyone interested?  Seriously.  

If the prices are reasonable, then hell yes!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
+ 1000 on that, an afghani sling would perfectly compliment my captured Iraqi AK cleaning kit from the Gulf War.  Price must be reasonable tho.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#10]
VERY interested- could do without the blood though!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't mind one of those. Very skilled artisans over there, especially when they can practice their trade without some bearded terrorist threatening their lives because art is against the islamic republic.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You should start your own Enterprise out there selling stuff like that to the U.S. market.  I bet you could sell 1,000 of those slings just on this board.
[

They already are!!  Saw these in the centerfire systems catalog.  They dont have it listed on their website yet though...

ETA---Centerfire Systems
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I have between around $15-20 tied up in each of these by the time I mail them home, so most folks will probably not want one at that price. I know they are cheaper here, but we get them from our interpreters who go downtown to get them, and they make some money for themselves and that jacks the cost up...... but I don't mind, these guys risk thier lives to work for us for less than $1000 a week, and some can't even go to their hometowns for fear of being kidnapped or killed. I have no qualms about them making a few bucks going downtown to get some stuff for me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#14]

]quote]I have between around $15-20 tied up in each of these by the time I mail them home, so most folks will probably not want one at that price.
$30-$40 would NOT be excessive for a unique item such as these!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd paypal $30 right now if you would send me one.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I would do $30.00 for one if we could make it work.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top