Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:16:51 AM EDT
I ordered two back in Jan. 2006, spoke with Pam about it approx 2 weeks ago, she said, "anyday now..."

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.  I don't want to call Pam and bother her with "any updates?" for she probably get that like 100 times a day.  If you guys heard anything.....please let us know.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Translation :  " We have no idea when we will get them, keep on waiting."

Rumor has it that Century is waiting on parts kits in customs for the next run of M70 underfolder kit guns...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:54:46 AM EDT
[#3]
SOG received and shipped 400 UFs.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
SOG received and shipped 400 UFs.

Nice.  Centerfire told me they were getting the next shipment.  Was the SOG shipment recent?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Received and shipped last week.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I am starting to understand why they don't like Centerfire on other gun boards.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Waiting and not having a confirmed date sucks.  But I do understand that things happen....I think it'll be worth the wait.  I have 2 on order for $399.99 each with a flat shipping fee of $9.99.

Total of $809.97 for 2 m70's  SWEET!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#8]
If they ever arrive in decent shape that would be good.  Hope it isn't like the Century Cetmes though, where they used all the decent parts first and those that received later shipments got stuck with guns made from scrap metal.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't you find it amusing that Lois was posting on this board left and right in January, and got everybody fired up on ordering stuff from them, offering discounts and specials.
Now that several members here ordered from them you do not see hide nor hair of her?? Wish I had ordered from SOG or AIM. I may even back out and just get the Vector. Maybe Blaine from Atlantic will feel sorry for some of us and offer a special "Yugo M-70 Reject" Sale, like 10% off for us stupid fools who believed in Centerfire...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Don't you find it amusing that Lois was posting on this board left and right in January, and got everybody fired up on ordering stuff from them, offering discounts and specials.
Now that several members here ordered from them you do not see hide nor hair of her?? Wish I had ordered from SOG or AIM. I may even back out and just get the Vector. Maybe Blaine from Atlantic will feel sorry for some of us and offer a special "Yugo M-70 Reject" Sale, like 10% off for us stupid fools who believed in Centerfire...

+1 for Blaine....hell....he should charge us 10% extra for being stupid in the first place...... j/k.

"Good things come to those who wait...."  ~ let see if my mother is right.....she always told me this...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I wish I were amused with Centerfire.  At least that would be something.  I am amused at the countless people that come to Centerfire's defense.  They promised a product within a certain period of time.  They have not delivered.  Why does everyone feel the need to make excuses for them?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, I wish I were amused with Centerfire.  At least that would be something.  I am amused at the countless people that come to Centerfire's defense.  They promised a product within a certain period of time.  They have not delivered.  Why does everyone feel the need to make excuses for them?

I think the only reason is that Pam is such a nice person............

and...they do have some good deals.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#13]
We are not the manufacturer of these rifles.  When a vendor tells us a date, we relay the information.  Fact is, Century can not produce the rifles as fast as the demand.  Other distributors are not getting the rifles either.  I can not ship something I have not received.  

Lois

So315,  I post often, I'm not sure where you're looking...

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
We are not the manufacturer of these rifles.  When a vendor tells us a date, we relay the information.  Fact is, Century can not produce the rifles as fast as the demand.  Other distributors are not getting the rifles either.  I can not ship something I have not received.  

Lois

Don't sweat it CSI!  I am on order for 2 of the M70's......Pam really took care of me with the 5 cases of ammo and the boat load of mags I ordered.  As far as I'm concerned, it's a +1 for CSI based on my personal experience.  

eta:  spelling corrected
I started this post because I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything, and I didnt want to call PAM or yourself and bother you guys with questions....It'll be worth the wait.  Thanks!  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm dying for a M70 Underfolder.

And I don't see them in the Equipment Exchange like I used too.....sigh.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Lois

I think the difference is that the other distributors didn't tell everyone they are getting them in "next week."  You guys did, every week.  You got a lot of orders based on that.  The funny thing is between then and now it's other distributors that have actually been receiving and shipping the product.  Their business handbooks must have come complete with the "under promise, over deliver" section.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If they ever arrive in decent shape that would be good.  Hope it isn't like the Century Cetmes though, where they used all the decent parts first and those that received later shipments got stuck with guns made from scrap metal.

+1

The first Cetmes were junk, then for a while they had some really good ones and it looked like quality had improved by leaps and bounds, then back to junk....and all for the same price.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone know what the price is going to be on the next batch of M70's?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#19]
All I can do is relay the information that is told to us.  We expected a shipment of  250 guns on the 16th of Feb.  They didn't come.  I reported as the information came in.   We have more guns on backorder than Century manufactured in the month of February.  So does every other vendor.   We also have already posted that we will honor our original advertised price for orders invoiced before we were notified of the price increase.  We will fill orders in the order they were received to us as we receive the guns.  

Lois  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I just ordered mine from AIM, and they are 6-8 weeks out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Lois, that is fine.  I just don't want to hear about them coming in next week anymore unless they really are.

So I was wondering, is Century actually obligated to fill your order?  Have they made a committment to deliver the product in sufficient quantities?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Lois, that is fine.  I just don't want to hear about them coming in next week anymore unless they really are.

So I was wondering, is Century actually obligated to fill your order?  Have they made a committment to deliver the product in sufficient quantities?

psyop,

I haven't reported the guns coming in "next week" since the guns missed the February 16th deadline so I'm not sure where that comment is coming from.  While I can't speak for Century's obligation to fill any order for any company, I can tell you we are the the 3rd largest vendor to Century and we have multiple orders in for these guns and have since last year.  I would hope they fill their backorders the way we do, by filling earliest orders first.  

Lois
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I haven't reported the guns coming in "next week" since the guns missed the February 16th deadline so I'm not sure where that comment is coming from.

Quoted:

I ordered two back in Jan. 2006, spoke with Pam about it approx 2 weeks ago, she said, "anyday now..."

I've also talked with people at your company and have been told that they are coming next week or very soon.

You don't know where that comment is coming from?  Are you being serious?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Someone sell me one.....ahhh
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't reported the guns coming in "next week" since the guns missed the February 16th deadline so I'm not sure where that comment is coming from.

Quoted:

I've also talked with people at your company and have been told that they are coming next week or very soon.

You don't know where that comment is coming from?  Are you being serious?

I've been helping out on the regular phone lines lately and I can assure you, no one is telling anyone the guns will be here in a few weeks.  Most of our reps are telling people calling in that want to order these guns.."There are 400 people ahead of you and we can not guarantee a shipping date".     So yes, I am serious.

Lois
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Lois,
You have debunked my thought process on this and I feel you are being more than honorable. I was told when I ordered in January that it would be 1 week, then the end of the month, then middle of Feb. I am in no hurry, and have ordered items from you in the past without any problems.
I also realize that you are at Century's mercy on this, and would hope someone from Centerfire is on the phone with Century and giving them a hard time about this. I am not worried about someone else posting that the kits will be seconds, as they have new barrels and recievers anyway, I mean the only used items will be the gas block and front sight block and folder assembly,
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Man!

These things were everywhere a month ago. Where the hell are all of em?

Should I just buy a kit?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Who knows :\
I got mine on backorder from AIM. About two days ago, and they said it'd be a month or so. I'm willing to wait I guess. Is anyone else waiting for AIM also? When "If?" these do eventually come through, i'd like to compare pics and reviews from the same batch.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top