Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 7:27:04 AM EDT
Hey All,

I can't locate an Arsenal SAM-5 5.56 no-ban with scope rail, bayonet lug, and threaded barrel. Anybody have a lead they would care to share with me? PM message fine as well. thanks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#1]
There is one on Gunbroker for $999

Your best bet is to check the EE often and hope one turns up for a good price.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Have your dealer call Lew Horton, they may have some still.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Have your dealer call Lew Horton, they may have some still.

According to Horton's web site, they have all models of the SAM-5 in stock.

www.lewhorton.com/consearch.cfm and select "ARSENAL INC." from the mfr. pull-down menu.

The site hasn't been updated since the SHOT Show, though, so I'm not sure how accurate it is. Gives your dealer a starting point, anyway.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The one on Gunbroker for $999 includes several clear Bulgarian mags. I'm sure he would be open to any reasonable offers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Not what you were looking for... but consider the option.

Get the much cheaper Ban model - rip off the neutered site block, add the right FSB, add a side rail, refinish, and save about $300 :)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#6]
According to Arsenal website, the SAM5R replaces the SAM5S. The SAM5R has everything Ligament is looking for but I haven't seen this rifle for sale. You definitely need to have your dealer call to see what the situation is.
Misc
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
According to Arsenal website, the SAM5R replaces the SAM5S. The SAM5R has everything Ligament is looking for but I haven't seen this rifle for sale. You definitely need to have your dealer call to see what the situation is.
Misc

Arsenal's site is wrong, the SA M-5 series is pretty much discontinued. The SA M-5's that are out there now are all that are available and they're drying up fast ...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#9]
guys,

thanks a lot for the leads, but it is uncertain whether these rifles are no bans with scope mount, threads, and bayonet. I'm going to contact these people...

if anybody has more leads pls feel free to contact me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought a Arsenal 223 RPK, but you can't have it....
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I just bought a Arsenal 223 RPK, but you can't have it....

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Ligament,

Be careful if you have a dealer order from Lew Horton.  I just traded two guns for a SAM-5 S and my local shop and he placed an order with Lew's and guess what came in.  SAM-5 S with no bayo lug and fixed muzzle break.   I was really disappointed and almost called the whole deal off.  The saving grace was it had the scope rail.  Lucky for me I was able to score a no-ban SAM-5 with scope rail at another local shop a few weeks later.  I have decided to keep both and shoot the hell out of the one with muzzle break and not worry about it since I will another one in the safe.  I did see a SAM - 5 with (no scope rail) and bayo lug, threaded muzzle break, and green furniture at another shop for $689.  Send me a PM and I will give you the info.  Just my 2 cents.

ASG
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey ASG, thanks for the info..I'm really looking for one with a scope rail. best.

Quoted:
Ligament,

Be careful if you have a dealer order from Lew Horton.  I just traded two guns for a SAM-5 S and my local shop and he placed an order with Lew's and guess what came in.  SAM-5 S with no bayo lug and fixed muzzle break.   I was really disappointed and almost called the whole deal off.  The saving grace was it had the scope rail.  Lucky for me I was able to score a no-ban SAM-5 with scope rail at another local shop a few weeks later.  I have decided to keep both and shoot the hell out of the one with muzzle break and not worry about it since I will another one in the safe.  I did see a SAM - 5 with (no scope rail) and bayo lug, threaded muzzle break, and green furniture at another shop for $689.  Send me a PM and I will give you the info.  Just my 2 cents.

ASG

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:40:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#15]
ASG or anybody,

What is considered a good price on these SAM 5?  Is $689 a decent price?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#16]
It's not bad considering SA M-5 are gonna dry up real fast,. When I had my local dealer order my SAM-5s from Lew Horton he gave me the dealers price because I traded two guns in (and lost money in that deal).  That was $629.  We thought it would a noban but got  a postban rifle instead.  I guess Lews doesn't know if they are noban or postban because the box just says SA M-5S.  I just paid $699 at another local dealer for a noban SA M-5s and it looks like they probably marked it up $70 to cover overhead.  The other SA M-5 that I saw at yet another dealer is going for $689 nonban with no scope rail.  To me that's not too bad considering there is the same rifle on Gunbroker for $999 and it comes with 5 clear magazines.  You can get those same clear mags at K-var for about $150 shipped.  So $1000 - $150 gives you about $850 for the cost of that rifle on Gunbroker.  You can always add a scope rail real easy, but I hear it's a pain in the ass to thread that muzzle, get a new F/S and  add a bayo lug.  Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It's not bad considering SA M-5 are gonna dry up real fast,. When I had my local dealer order my SAM-5s from Lew Horton he gave me the dealers price because I traded two guns in (and lost money in that deal).  That was $629.  We thought it would a noban but got  a postban rifle instead.  I guess Lews doesn't know if they are noban or postban because the box just says SA M-5S.  I just paid $699 at another local dealer for a noban SA M-5s and it looks like they probably marked it up $70 to cover overhead.  The other SA M-5 that I saw at yet another dealer is going for $689 nonban with no scope rail.  To me that's not too bad considering there is the same rifle on Gunbroker for $999 and it comes with 5 clear magazines.  You can get those same clear mags at K-var for about $150 shipped.  So $1000 - $150 gives you about $850 for the cost of that rifle on Gunbroker.  You can always add a scope rail real easy, but I hear it's a pain in the ass to thread that muzzle, get a new F/S and  add a bayo lug.  Just my two cents.

the later SA-M5s rifles are the NO-BAN models,...mine was made in APR  2005,.. and has all the evil features and a scope rail, plus came with a clear mag

if you order on line ask the seller to phisically look at the rifle,.. most should do it without having a fit,.. as for price pay what you want to pay for the rifle,...my rifle + x-fer + tax came to 750

good luck i hope you find what your looking for
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank for your help gentlemen. I just found a SAM-5 locally at a great price!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Thank for your help gentlemen. I just found a SAM-5 locally at a great price!

That's what happened with me.  I was scouring the internet looking for one to no avail.  I walked into my local shop and there it was.  They still have a ban model with green furniture, if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Ligament,
You don't have to name the dealer, but tell us what you paid so we can get a ballpark going rate.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#21]
$850 including 3 bulgarian 30 round mags.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#22]
So why is Arsenal discontinuing the production of the 5.56 series? Are they idiots or are they just surplusing their 7.62 and 5.45 models for the changeover?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been wondering the same thing. Arsenal got some huge orders to supply the middle east, the middle east does not want 5.56 rifles, so they put a hold on the SAM-5 to increase production of 7.62.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Actually, according to Templar, they stopped production of the M-5 due to lack of sales.  Nobody wanted one until they quit making them.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top