Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 11:34:18 PM EDT
I need a Polish rifle... I'm first generation damnit!!! So here are a few questions...

-How many teeth will I loose per 1000 rounds on the underfolder stock from a cheek weld?
-Where can I find a kit in good condition?
-Who to build?
-What the hell are those plates that re-enforce the pistol grip area and where can I get one/get one installed?
-Anyone have pics of the plate after installation (does it make the pistol grip look weird/ spaced from the reciever)?
-Which reciever do you recommend and where can I get one with the proper Polish selector markings?
-My list of US parts includes mag springs, anyone use Wolf Extra Power Springs for thier mags?
-Anyone us Wolf Extra Power recoil springs?

Thanks!!!!

ETA: it took exactly 1800 posts for me to join the evil evil darkside...  I was pondering this earlier, but now I have the funds to build by dream AK, a copy of what my dad carried in Poland during his semi-ROTC days  (Polish college students had mandatory military training).
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:55:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I need a Polish rifle... I'm first generation damnit!!! So here are a few questions...

-How many teeth will I loose per 1000 rounds on the underfolder stock from a cheek weld?
-Where can I find a kit in good condition?
-Who to build?
-What the hell are those plates that re-enforce the pistol grip area and where can I get one/get one installed?
-Anyone have pics of the plate after installation (does it make the pistol grip look weird/ spaced from the reciever)?
-Which reciever do you recommend and where can I get one with the proper Polish selector markings?
-My list of US parts includes mag springs, anyone use Wolf Extra Power Springs for thier mags?
-Anyone us Wolf Extra Power recoil springs?

Thanks!!!!

ETA: it took exactly 1800 posts for me to join the evil evil darkside...  I was pondering this earlier, but now I have the funds to build by dream AK, a copy of what my dad carried in Poland during his semi-ROTC days  (Polish college students had mandatory military training).

I havent quite shot 1K rounds but I dont find this gun to be any harder on me than my solid stock AKs....suprisingly I prefer it

The plate your refering to doesnt look out of place in my opnion, I have attached a picture of my rifle but its not the best angle to see the plate in question.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:44:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any experince with Polish models, or underfolders, so I am no help there.

However, I noticed you stated that mag springs were part of your planned U.S. parts.  Mag springs(or any springs for that matter), are not part of the "parts list".  I did a quick search, and here is a list of countable parts, courtesy of  member out-a-ammo:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Butt stocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearms, hand guards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Magazine Followers
(20) Magazine Floor plates
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:18:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't have any experince with Polish models, or underfolders, so I am no help there.

However, I noticed you stated that mag springs were part of your planned U.S. parts.  Mag springs(or any springs for that matter), are not part of the "parts list".  I did a quick search, and here is a list of countable parts, courtesy of  member out-a-ammo:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Butt stocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearms, hand guards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Magazine Followers
(20) Magazine Floor plates

I knew there were three parts of the mag that counted... thanks for setting me straight... looks like a US slant brake is the way to go.... maybe US made followers?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:23:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#6]
imho, avoid the US followers. i picked one up for a buck because i was curious, it was a complete waste of my time. it barely held the rounds and it wouldn't even let the magazine feed the last round into the gun. tried it in three different magazines, two steel and one bulgy and the same thing. perhaps thats just my experience, but i wont go that route again. it would have been an easy part, but you still have to track the magazines your using like previously mentioned. all in all, not worth it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top