Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:40:34 AM EDT
Any of you guys had any experience with these?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=148294

I'm considering ordering one with some ammo that I have on back order from SG, painting it green, and installing it on my underfolder.

I'm pretty sure that my Polish underfolder's stock will clear this in the "closed" position, but does anyone know if it will lock solidly in place against this grip?

How much does one of these weigh in comparison to a standard wood lower handguard?

Will this "43% glass-filled nylon" hold spray paint well without being baked?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

image.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/73256_ts.JPG?cell=200,200&cvt=jpeg
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=148294

I'm considering ordering one with some ammo that I have on back order from SG, painting it green, and installing it on my underfolder.

I'm pretty sure that my Polish underfolder's stock will clear this in the "closed" position, but does anyone know if it will lock solidly in place against this grip?

How much does one of these weigh in comparison to a standard wood lower handguard?

i know little about AKs (i am slowly coming to the dark side) but i will say that that new krylon "fusion" stuff works on platic pretty well.

cool find.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a hard time believing that no one here has used one of these things before!

Well, guess I'll just have to buy one and let you guys know. What can you do?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet it will melt.

But it will look unique for those few moments before it does.

Also, not sure it will clear the stock, not polish but you get the idea
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont do it
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

i have this!!hwant pics?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes please.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Personally, I think it is as ugly as a mud fence.  But that is just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#8]
an odd angle, i hear it's uncomfortable to hold...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:41:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I had one, then sold it to a shootin` buddy.

It was on my SAR1.
Pro`s
1. Comfortable grip whether shooting from the shoulder or of the hip.
2. Looked cool on my AK

Con`s
1. Harder to load, certain mags wouldn`t clear it. My friend put it on his 5.45 Bulgy, no problems there.
2. No heat shield
3. Got wobbly on my SAR1

Me personally I say try it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm considering this vs. a railed lower handguard with a conventional rail attached vertical grip.

It seems like the one piece grip would be lighter and more comfortable, but I'm concerned about the quality and the fact that there's no heat shield. I bet 40 round AK47 magazines probably do not work with this grip, but I am guessing that the underfolding stock would clear one.

Rampant Colt, I really would like pictures.

If this item doesn't look ugly as hell, I may pick one up just to try it out and write a little review for everyone. Otherwise I'll probably end up going with a railed lower handguard...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top