Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:19:20 PM EDT
How much past the receiver does a folding stock stick out? I'm asking because I have a 16.5" barrel and do not want the OAL to dip below 30" due to state regs.

How is the length of pull with the folding stock? I am trying to reduce it. The ARs with the collapsible stocks fully collapsed is the right LOP for me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The butt of my Romy side folder measures 9 1/8" behind the rear of the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a tapco T-6 on one of my AKs.  Its the colapseable AR style.

The colapsed stock is 8.5" from the receiver,
giving the gun a 12" LOP.

Fully extended it gives my AK a 15.75" LOP.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
What about with the folder completely folded? How much past the receiver does the hinge stick out? MI law requires at least 30" OAL with the stock collapsed/folded.

Thanks for the measurements, I'm going to go to work with a tape measure now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Off topic question: Which pistol grip do you recommend? The Tapco SAW style grip looks very comfortable. I never had a real problem with the Robinson grip on my Vepr though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Romy stock folded is 27 3/4" overall.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#6]
That would make the Vepr a MI pistol

I'm wondering if anyone has ever installed a T6 onto a Vepr and if it looks stupid or if it actually looks good.
My Robinson stock is 10.5" from the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That would make the Vepr a MI pistol

I'm wondering if anyone has ever installed a T6 onto a Vepr and if it looks stupid or if it actually looks good.
My Robinson stock is 10.5" from the receiver.

I am sure that any AK variant that you put a T6 on will look stupid.

But if that's what you have to do to make it Michigan legal.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#9]
The SAW grip is VERY comfortable.  I still can't understand why some literally hate them, they obviously have never held an AK with one of them on there.  Like others have said, this ain't no museum piece, I use the sucker at least once a month and I prefer the look and feel of the SAW grip.  And who says the AK has to have a plywood 2x4 hanging off the back, the T6 stock is very functional and sturdy and does not wiggle a lot as some may think.  I think the single tube folder looks like a single tube with a folded over end to imitate a butt pad.  The triangle folder isn't made of wood and some like those, so what's so wrong with a T6 stock?  It actually restores some of the lost downward rake we used to have on AK's way back when sights were used.  With the T6 stock I can get a good cheek weld and see the sights; with normal plywood stock which is almost an AR straight back design now, I have to turn my head to use the sights.  When wearing T-shirts I can extend it for the correct pull and when wearing heavy coats/BP vest I can collapse it some to have the correct pull.  I did not like the T6 at first, it just did not look right, but it grows on you when you realize the usefullness of the sliding stock and then the angle to help use the sights was just icing on the cake.  Just my opinions, your mileage probably does vary, but please, don't cut down the T6 stock and Saw grip unless you have tried them and did not like them for a particular reason.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#10]
The folder will not be long enough.

I wanted to put an ACE folder on my Maadi, but there is no way I was going to register a rifle as a pistol that I purchased FTF, so I went the AR way and installed a RRA 6 position.

I think I am going to change that out to one of the T-6 stocks to get a better cheekweld with the irons.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top