AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 9:56:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Lose the SAW grip and your good.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it looks nice.  If you like it, who cares.  As long as you dont start adding rails and flashlights and red dots and tactical handles to it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
No, this is as far as I would go.  It's the only AK variant I've even "experimented" with.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I like Myself, looks great
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd love those saw grips if they actually held up.  Mine eventually started coming loose and wouldn't stay tight after that, total crap in my opinion...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
So far, so good, Mark.  But I've only fired about 360 rounds so far, so we'll see.  I've got my Arsenal grip as a back-up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:48:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know why folks do not like the SAW grip and prefer to use the skinny assed original grip that was designed for a tiny Chinese hand?  Who cares what sort of damn grip a body has on his AK.  Some of you guys just blow my mind with your, " Don't hang that crap on my AK" attitude!  Yes an Ak does not need a 6-12 power scope hanging on it, but what's wrong with a red dot or Eotech or something similar?  

If you have never held an AK with a SAW grip on it, you do NOT have the right to tell someone else to take his SAW grip off.  Period.  If you wish to hold on to that skinny assed sharp plastic grip go right ahead, but don't badger me about using a "better" grip on "my" AK. I guess you guys think "notched" selectors and BHO magazines are "wrong" too?  These things are "upgrades/improvements" fellas, like using the T6 stock.  Who says an AK isn't an AK unless it has an ugly 2x4 hanging off the back? The T6 stock is an "upgrade/improvement" to the AK rifle, not just a do-dad.  It helps when us Americans with longer pull lengths when extended all the way back and it helps to have it compressed down when wearing heavy winter coats or body armor.  

All I am saying here is to let each do his own thing with "their" rifle.  I am not a big fan of Quad rails and tri-rails and such as that but I do have a short rail attached to my AK lower handguard to use a detachable vertical foregrip on it when I desire.  I prefer the look of it over the ugly assed Romy wood vertical grip that looks like a 6 year old wittled out of a piece of wood.  But if you wish to use that grip, go for it, it's "your" Ak, do whatever you wish to use on it as it is NOT my place to tell you differently.  Please, just give the "TAPCORIZING" a break here, some of those items are very useful and I consider them Upgrades, not "TAPCORIZED".

Rant off, these are my opinions only from a 30+ year old shooting experienced shooter, your mileage may vary.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:32:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the Tapco SAW grip.  I have one on my S12.  I hated them when I first saw them, but they're quite nice now that I have seen one up close.

The Saw grip is the exception though...all other Tapco stuff I've tried has sucked.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#9]
When I was back home after Christmas I put the Tapco grip on my SLR and MAK-90. Truly the best grip on an AK that I have ever used. I don't know about how they will hold up over time but with the exception of the one report here I have not heard about any failures or problems with them.

Before the SAW grip:

After:
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:33:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I put this grip on my Sam7 and I like it.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the saw grip, the yugo grip and the galil style one from ace.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I also like the SAW grip. It's an improvement for the AK and FAL. I'm sure old Anton would have put it on the -47 had it been around back then.

JoeLad
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top