Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 3:04:29 PM EDT
It seems that Global Military Gunsmithing ( www.globalmilitarygunsmithing.com ) has some good prices for building AK's , but how good are they?  

Anyone have experience dealing with them that can vouch for quality, turnaround time, etc?

I'm looking to build a Yugo underfolder.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It seems that Global Military Gunsmithing ( www.globalmilitarygunsmithing.com ) has some good prices for building AK's , but how good are they?  

Ken's got a pretty good rep over on Gunco, and is a site sponsor there. In looking for a 'smith to handle my SLR-105 to AK-105 SBR conversion, I got quotes from half a dozen different places.  His quoted price was very competitive and he's been responsive to my questions, so I decided to give him my business. The gun went out FedEx today; we'll see how it goes.

One thing that surprised me - Ken told me not to send payment until he contacted me when the gun was actually on the bench and ready for work.

Based on the pics I've seen of his work and his feedback on Gunco, I'm confident I'll be happy with the end result. A buddy of mine has a -74 build in work with a well-known 'smith, and he admitted I'd probably have my gun back from Ken before his was even started. Here's hoping!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I had Ken do some work for me and the only thing that held mine up was the weather!  He could not get outside to try it it was snowing and so cold that year.  But he did some fine work on my PSL.  You will not be disappointed.

+1 for Ken Kubin
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Ken does great work, I've been in his shop a few times, he did some work on my FAL and it turned out great. When i first got into building AK's he always took time to help me out. He's one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, everybody!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top