Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 9:26:22 PM EDT
recently my wasr has been ejecting at 3 o clock, 10-15ft

i think it used to eject at 2 o'clock
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
3 oclock sounds about right and 10-15 feet for a wasr is just how it should be. Sounds like its functioning perfict
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I expect this kind of question from an AR guy hehe.  It has been my experience that Ak's will throw brass in varying locations.  U.S. armorers seem just as concerned with grouping brass as they do shots.  Its a service rifle man, or at least a derivative of one.  The goal of the ejector is not to thow the casing to a certain location but instead to clear the way for the next round.  The higher the ROF the stronger the extractor must be.  Given that the AK is built with looser tolerances, this is quite normal.

FIRE EM UP MAN!!!

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Exactly 3 benches over, on that bolt-gunner's head...

I was REALLY pissing a guy off one time and didn't know it .

this is actually why i ask

ive been shooting aks for a while. last time at the range a case hit the benchrest magoo square in the forehead. never a problem before.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:44:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ive been shooting aks for a while. last time at the range a case hit the benchrest magoo square in the forehead. never a problem before.

being hit with brass is all part of going to the range.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:53:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

being hit with brass is all part of going to the range.

depends on the range.

around here, getting told that "you assault rifle idiots are gonna get guns banned for us law-abiding people!" is the norm.  that's why i've started going to the state-owned wildlife management areas...nobody around and target shooting is allowed.  they even have a nice tall berm to use as a backstop.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#7]
My range has nets you can hang between the lanes.  The funny part is that one end usually has the AR/AK guys and the other end has the geezers with the bolt guns.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Rule #1 at the Firing Line:  If you are a bolt gunner or bench rest shooter, head to the far left.  If you are an EBR Cowboy, head to the far right.

FAMAS rifles and Beretta Sotrms can throw this formula into a tizzy, but for the most part it works.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I've made people bleed with my CETME.  That thing is outright dangerous to anyone at 3 o'clock.  The AK atleast tosses it up and comes down on said bolt gunners...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Cover fire on the right flank!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My range has nets you can hang between the lanes.  The funny part is that one end usually has the AR/AK guys and the other end has the geezers with the bolt guns.  

And in the middle you have me with my Krinkov... surrounded by people from both sides of the range hammering me with questions instead of letting me just shoot.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#14]
When I go to the range with friend I somehow alway seem to sit to the left of them.

Let's see:

Glock = straight up and over your head about 3-4 feet.
USP = 45 degrees up and 3:00
AK = 45 degrees, 3:00, and about 4-5 benches down (I can hit 8 if they bounce in the roof joists)
ARs = 1:30, about 5-6 feet in front of me.
9mm AR = 5:00 about 15 feet
K-31 = Straight up about 10 feet in the air
CA Kadet = 3:00...flat, fast, and spinning

Bottom line, brass is ejecting at the range. It's part of it. Just wear a tall collar.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top