Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 4:13:01 PM EDT
didn't build it,  just customized it to zombie hunter specs

-tapco G2
-bulgarian black stock set
-vented upper HG(shut up i like it)
-side rail weaver mount
-tacpoint
-self thread w/ AMD-65 Muzzle brake(not pictured)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice work.

Max
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Man, I need one of those books!  

That's great, I've never seen it before.  What is it?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
And nice AK, too!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man, I need one of those books!  

That's great, I've never seen it before.  What is it?

www.amazon.com/gp/product/1400049628/sr=1-1/qid=1139372163/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-3582818-4624912?%5Fencoding=UTF8

it's a good read too
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Next question, where did you get the side mount weaver, and do you like it?

BTW, I have that book too.  It sent my dad into a fit of laughter when he saw it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a word of warning, I too had a Hakko Tac Point, it broke after 300 rounds, the laser emitter in the tube broke loose and will not function.  My advice is to ditch that thing and the picitinny mount, and get yourself a Kobra or the like.  As for the Kobra i have now, its more accurate than the Hakko could have been simply due to dot size.  No parallax as there is only one lens.  And it is removed easily by way of the locking lever mechanism.  It returns to Zero every time to boot.  It is also elevation, and windage adjustable without tools once zeroed.  Othewise nice job.  Just ditch the crappy optic.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Next question, where did you get the side mount weaver, and do you like it?

BTW, I have that book too.  It sent my dad into a fit of laughter when he saw it.

bought it from midwest armory.  so far so good.  pretty stout mount.  put about 500 rounds through it so far
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just a word of warning, I too had a Hakko Tac Point, it broke after 300 rounds, the laser emitter in the tube broke loose and will not function.  My advice is to ditch that thing and the picitinny mount, and get yourself a Kobra or the like.  As for the Kobra i have now, its more accurate than the Hakko could have been simply due to dot size.  No parallax as there is only one lens.  And it is removed easily by way of the locking lever mechanism.  It returns to Zero every time to boot.  It is also elevation, and windage adjustable without tools once zeroed.  Othewise nice job.  Just ditch the crappy optic.

i disagree.  I'm about 500 rounds through this one and no problems,  my old tacpoint went through 1000 on my AR with no problems either.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok well, tread with caution, and i certainly wouldnt bump fire it with that optic on, and as for the merit of the optic, i would hardly choose the AR to compare to the AK as far as vibration is concerned, the AR doesnt move at all when fired, the AK clearly jumps around.  I take serious issue with optics that break due to simple recoil.  I have dropped my Kobra while mounted on the rifle, not even a budge from zero.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ok well, tread with caution, and i certainly wouldnt bump fire it with that optic on, and as for the merit of the optic, i would hardly choose the AR to compare to the AK as far as vibration is concerned, the AR doesnt move at all when fired, the AK clearly jumps around.  I take serious issue with optics that break due to simple recoil.  I have dropped my Kobra while mounted on the rifle, not even a budge from zero.

i hate the way the kobra looks.  if this thing ever breaks i'll send it back to hakko,  get it fixed and sell it for a 4x24 POSP.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Well its ur rifle man, do what you like, just know that there a multitude of red dot type optics made specificly for the AK, like a PK-AS, PK-AV, and more.  I am a firm beliver that form follows function, ask yourself, whats more important, looks or function?  LOL and plus, when has the AK ever been about looks!

If you prefer tubular red dot optics check out the two i just mentioned.  And in true ARF.com fasion my recomendation would be buy em all lol.  Including the POSP-1, that is a good optic.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well its ur rifle man, do what you like, just know that there a multitude of red dot type optics made specificly for the AK, like a PK-AS, PK-AV, and more.  I am a firm beliver that form follows function, ask yourself, whats more important, looks or function?  LOL and plus, when has the AK ever been about looks!

If you prefer tubular red dot optics check out the two i just mentioned.  And in true ARF.com fasion my recomendation would be buy em all lol.  Including the POSP-1, that is a good optic.

duly noted,  and your reccomendations will not go overlooked,  but for the time being,  the tacpoint is great.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top