Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 3:51:44 AM EDT
I'm looking to purchase a new AK and I have a few questions that I hope some of you out there can help me with.  I am considering one of three AKs that Atlantic Firearms has available (SSR 85, Vector Arms AK and their European Classic AK).  What I want is as authentic an AK as possible, to include threaded barrel with slant muzzle break and bayonet lugs.  I would like to know:
1.Do all three of these rifles have these features
2.Do all or any of these rifles have a double hook trigger
3.Are they built with new barrels and receivers or are they used
4.What are the major differences in quality, fit, finish etc. between the three
5.And finally, I would like to know what the general opinions are about these three rifles from some of you out there that have them.  
I would like to mention that I have tried the search option regarding these questions, but the info I've found has been limited.  Thanks in advance for any help with this...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:47:49 AM EDT
[#1]
1. Yes..
2. Not sure but am willing to bet they all use a single hook...
3. Used barrels( new kit built, most have not been shot ), new receivers..
4. From what I've seen all three are about the same in terms of fit and finish..
5. I think you would be happy with any of these rifle's..I myself like the Vector classic..
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Jicky, thanks for the info.  Still hoping to get some more input before I take the plunge...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
All nice rifles.  I'm an Arsenal fan myself but you'd do good with any of those.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like Jicky answered all your questions. I second the Vector Classic.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top