Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:37:10 AM EDT
Just test fired my ORF Krink rifle with the slim can design. Fired 120 rounds of Russian HP with absolutely NO problems whatsoever. The only short coming of the Krink is accuracy. There was not really any difference between carefully aimed slow fire and rapid fire (at 25 yards). Both did well to keep it on a one foot square target. But, it would lay the lead down. It was too windy to mess with longer ranges. I can do that another day. I have no serious complaints with the rifle. Just the galling on the barrel at the breech from disassembly (as ORF stated). Strickly a cosmetic/aesthetic issue. The huge balls of fire were very cool and I wish I had some photos of them. I was out alone so no chance of that. Based on my experience with this Krink, I would buy another if an interesting deal came along. I missed out on the $750 offer earlier last year. Too bad. But, I am satisfied that it worked and worked well. Also, I fired Yugo, Bulgarian, and Polish 30 round mags with no problems.

The Yugo folder from DCI/Century was a whole 'nother story. Very accurate and NO problems after 120 rounds of Russian HP. This thing is going to be fun to shoot at any distance. Very tight group at 25 yards, one ragged hole when sighted in. I may have to get anther one at this price (Atlantic FA). Last shot open Yugo mag functioned perfect. I need to get some more of these.

In all, a GREAT morning of shooting. My only regret is that I only took 240 rounds of ammo with me. I could have fired twice that much easily. It's nice to go out and just enjoy shooting without malfunctions.

I changed out the drips to MSG thick Yugo pattern. I love these as they really increase control of the AK with their large grip area. Some don't care for MSG products (R.I.P.) but these work well for me.

I also notched out the safety lever on the Yugo for ease of operation at the range (proof of clear chamber).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/numskin/Attic4-19-05328.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/numskin/Attic4-19-05318.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/numskin/Attic4-19-05320.jpg

Col Kurtz Too
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, the ORF krinks are nice....

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Eyegun,

How is the accuracy without the "can?"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
that "can" is not a suppressor, it is a gas booster that lets the super short krink cycle.  removal of it would probably turn it into either a stovepipe generator or a bolt action
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, I was referring to the SBR version of Eyegun's (verses my fake can version), not the device on the bore. However, it is interesting to know the function of the device. Thanks.

Col Kurtz Too
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#6]
With the fake can on, it would shoot about a foot to the right at 75 yards or so.  Now it's only like 3-4" right and a little low.  No major accuracy test or anything- I just went out blasting today since it's raining (still).  The big problem for me now is that I can't see the sites (I'm getting old).

Strangely enough, the muzzle device eliminated the fireball.  At least I didn't notice any of the usual fireball action today (first time shooting it).  The fake can resulted in a beach-ball size flame with EVERY pull of the trigger.  I've got a muzzle device like this one coming for my M16 shorty- will have to see what it does to that....I would guess that it would cycle the shorty more reliably (10.5" and 7.5") and no fireball.

Here's another pic....next to my AR 11.5" SBR.  They are about the same size with the stocks extended, but for some reason the krink feels A LOT shorter.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Grats on your krink!  They are super fun.  I'm assuming its a Yugo M92 based on your magazine selection.  The 5.45 ones tend to be more accurate.  Not a huge difference though.

The krink brake does a nice job of eliminating most of the flash.  The faster you fire it, the more likely you are to get a fireball every 5 rounds or so.  At least that was my experience shooting at night.  The fake cans on non-sbr actually makes the flash alot worse than it might otherwise be.  Krink can is the only way to fly on anything with a less than 13" barrel.  The lack of concussion to the sides is a benefit as well.  Alot of AR guys run them for the same reason.  (increased backpressure on an AR dont hurt either)  
Krink brake:

Krink brake:

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top