Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 12:38:26 PM EDT
Okay, so I'm looking through a bunch of catalogs I got in the mail... and I find an AK-47 Pistol. Real gun, 7.62x39...not airsoft or dummy or replica.  I had never seen of such a thing except as airsoft crappy looking copies.

I've seen Krinkovs, which when the stock is folded looks like a pistol (but has 16" barrel) and as far as I know, are questionable in MIchigan unless you add a longer FH to go over 26" in OAL.

BUT, this pistol was completely stockless, and had only a 9" barrel (!!) and had as standard AK receiver.

Anyone have experience with this type of AK? I did a 3 month search on "AK-47 pistol", but nothing came back.

I am truly intrigued.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is mine It's an AMD-65 pistol which is the most common. I built it about a year ago. It is legally a pistol by federal and ohio law. I can conceal it under a coat with a 20 rnd mag, with the sling I made. It is mosly just a toy though. Hard to keep stable for shots at 100yds+.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here is mine It's an AMD-65 pistol which is the most common. I built it about a year ago. It is legally a pistol by federal and ohio law. I can conceal it under a coat with a 20 rnd mag, with the sling I made. It is mosly just a toy though. Hard to keep stable for shots at 100yds+.

www.hunt101.com/img/363985.JPG

Wow...pretty nice. is it a pretty accurate shot?  Do you use the sights holding it out like a regular pistol or do you fire from the hip? (or both for fun?)

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#3]
So far just aimed fire but, thats required at the range, don't shoot anywhere where hip shooting would really be safe. It's as accurate as any amd-65 rifle is. It's just much harder to hold steady because there is no stock. If I shoot it slowly I can constently hit the target off-hand at 100yds. It is a fun, and loud toy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the AMD pistol and a 10" one two and this weekend was shooting a 9" one. It seemed louder than both of mine.

I'm no expert on them but have over 2000 rds through AK pistols and can't get enough of them.

With the 9" barrel was able to hit within a 1' - 1.5' area while standing and could have done better if took my time more or was on a bench. A 6' x 2' target would be easly hit while standing.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:21:54 AM EDT
[#5]
 Definetly wicked in the extreme.   Do any of you have a photo of one next to your cross bow and wooden stakes?
 I want one.  Before it gets dark.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is mine.  I can hit clay pigeons on the berm from 100 yards about 80% of the time from a bench.  Fun as all hell to shoot, and it gets lots of looks at the range.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Well that settles it,an AK pistol is next on the list.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, I was telling myself I dont need another one but what the hell. I guess I'll pick up a couple more romy's and a yugo.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#9]
John, how can an AK man like you NOT have an AK pistol....like this

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
John, how can an AK man like you NOT have an AK pistol....like this

img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/jtefsu/100_1691.jpg

Man I don't know!I've been sooooooooooo close many times,I even convinced Myself  that it would be the perfect backpack and Jeep gun.I've even got all of the parts already gathered up but this project just kept getting bumped from the top of the list.Well,.........you Guys just bumped it back up to the top!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm working on one right now, eight inch barrel with a combo gas/sight block. Cut down amd65 tube and i dont know yet lower handguard.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be using an AMD bbl and I can use an AKM lower,I'm still trying to figure out the best way to shorten an AKM gas tube so I can use a wood upper handguard.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top