Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 5:34:06 PM EDT
howdy,

I've been getting POed at the trigger slap on my WASR, and want to do something about it. I want to do this: www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/slapfix.htm but I’m chicken.

So assuming I don't work up the never to grind away parts of my gun, or assuming I maul it beyond repair when I try, what FCG should I get to fix the trigger slap/my shoddy handy work? Red Star Arms apparently sells a "single hook" and "Double hook" trigger group. What’s the difference? Will they both work in my WASR?

Or go for the adjustable FCG?

Or does anyone sell just the disconnector?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I would just get a single hook G2 FCG...Cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the RSA triggers.  I just picked up a set for $60 shipped in the EE...they're out there.  Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to spend another $20 on a RSA milled adjustable set versus a G2.  I don't even usually adjust mine, I just like the idea that I can if I feel like tinkering.

Try the linx slap fix trick...it's cheap, and if you're committed to buying a new one anyway, it's worth a try before you do.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I NEVER had done anything to a gun before in my life.  My SAR was my first AK.  I took out the disconnector and ground down the stump.  It is the easiest thing you could do.  Just take it slow and it is impossible to screw up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:17:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I NEVER had done anything to a gun before in my life.  My SAR was my first AK.  I took out the disconnector and ground it down to a stump.  It is the easiest thing you could do.  Just take it slow and it is impossible to screw up.

obviously the legal way.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
howdy,

I've been getting POed at the trigger slap on my WASR, and want to do something about it. I want to do this: www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/slapfix.htm but I’m chicken.

You're chicken about damaging a $5 FCG? Just do it. If you mess up, get a G2.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the input, guys.

but what IS the difference between the single and double hook triggers?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The disconnector has either one hook or two holding back the hammer..
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So they are interchangable in any AK?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So they are interchangable in any AK?

single hooks are, but you need a two hook receiver for a double hook trigger. Or a dremel to just cut another notchh in for the second hook.

Also, while working on your rifle, remember to fix our ak design flaws.

[edited to remove humorous twist on illegal weapon modifications]

Guys, don't even joke about it.  Alway keep everything above table so the men in suits don't pay you a visit.

KF

Comply with existing laws and have fun
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top