Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 9:30:57 AM EDT
?looking to replace the sights on my AK's with peep sights, I think they're aclled mojos?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Step one - send the kids to another room.

Step two - start cursing.

Step three - start working.

Step four - curse more and louder.

Step 5 (20 minutes later) you are done, let the kids back in the room.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Joe, I use a Kreb's AK Peep Sight. It dramatically improves target aquisition speed and I shoot better with it than a standard sight. You must use your existing elevation slide.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I installed a Williams peep rear on one of my rifles. It installed very easily. I got it at Cheaper than Dirt for about $20.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
8mm is right!  If you can, grow a 3rd arm the night before!  

I have Mojo's on 2 of my AK's, and my Mauser.  Highly recomend them!

Brad
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
It does help to have two people.  I have one of those plastic gun cleaning rest that fully supports the rifle.  I lay the rifle in the rest and use a flat head screwdriver to push/hold the leaf spring down (just in front of where the sight attaches, toward the muzzle.) while my boy slides the sight assembly out.  Anybody can put the sight in if you supply the muscle to push the leaf spring down.  It can be done one person but is a lot more difficult.  Thats where the swearing comes in.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top