User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 7:36:14 PM EDT
Anybody know anything about ITM Arms Co.  and the quality of their AK-74 Builds
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't know that ITM builds kits.....I think they just make the OOW marketed 1mm AK receivers.  They are now obsolete by the introduction of the Global Trades and Ewbangs Gen II with correct pin locations, full heat treating, and correct selector notches
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I didn't know that ITM builds kits.....I think they just make the OOW marketed 1mm AK receivers.  They are now obsolete by the introduction of the Global Trades and Ewbangs Gen II with correct pin locations, full heat treating, and correct selector notches

I wouldnt call them obsolete.. They are damn good receivers.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1 I have used several of them
I dont mind the few flaws just makes you work a little more
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
YMMV.  I'm cutting mine up and salvaging my parts and starting over with a Global.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Maybe ITM didn't build it??   I just figured they did since it said "ITM Arms Co." on the receiver!

Anyway..., My problem is that on the Bulgy AK74 Triangle Folder I just got, the rear trunnion  seems to be too far back for the dust cover to fit properly, it dosen't engage the retaining slot under the rear sight!!  

WTF???

Is this a common problem??

Is receiver too long for a Triangle folder trunnion??

What's the fix??

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
YMMV.  I'm cutting mine up and salvaging my parts and starting over with a Global.

noooo, just carefully remove the rivets and send them to my ffl, I will take them off your hands
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyway..., My problem is that the rear trunnion of the Bulgy AK74 (Triangle Folder)  I just got seems to be too far back for the dust cover to fit properly, it dosen't engage the retaining slot under the front sight!!  

WTF???

What's the fix??

I always had to cut the front off a bit as it was too long. Not to mention the rear needs a bunch of work. I have built 3 side folders on OOW's and all are nice.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that the problem then......, the receiver is too long????

Why would a dealer let something like that go out the door?? Did they think I wouldn't notice??

I just got it today from Military Gun Supply out of Fort Worth, Texas.

I guess this will have to be a warranty issue since the rifle has already been transfered to me & I am not a FFL dealer??

Any other suggestions??

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:39:42 PM EDT
[#9]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:38:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A quote from Ted Marshall

OOW receiver....I believe I have given the shortcomings of this "not quite dimensionally correct","soft as butter' receiver on a few occasions.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe ITM didn't build it??   I just figured they did since it said "ITM Arms Co." on the receiver!

Anyway..., My problem is that on the Bulgy AK74 Triangle Folder I just got, the rear trunnion  seems to be too far back for the dust cover to fit properly, it dosen't engage the retaining slot under the front sight!!  

WTF???

What's the fix??

After fitting the front trunnion based on the needs of your magazines and the location of the trigger guard/mag catch after you rivet it first (trigger guard), you hand fit the rear trunnion based on the needs of your top cover based on where your recoil spring guide needs to sit to hold the cover.  You trim the receiver any way  you have to, OOW typically needed to be shortened.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Bulgarian Krinkov sidefolder (5,45) built on an OOW receiver, fit and function is quite nice - I wouldn't swap for anything but an Arsenal Bulgaria receiver.

The 7,62 version, however, needs some work.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I got one from MGS, works great but the finish sucks. Barrel is black, gas block and FSB are a grey color, and the receiver finish is thin, scratches really easy, and is a dark,dark grey. Look at the pin on the hinge of the folder, mine sticks up about a 1/4" and to get the dust cover on, slide it as far forward as you can, then smack it down with your other hand. Its hard to get it over the button and behind the pin. I'm gonna replace the pin myself. I have emailed them and left a message for "Guy" who answered my email. Nothing yet, but I'm frostedat the quality for the price,but I refuse to get rid of it as it is all matching, even the bayonet!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I got one from MGS, works great but the finish sucks. Barrel is black, gas block and FSB are a grey color, and the receiver finish is thin, scratches really easy, and is a dark,dark grey. Look at the pin on the hinge of the folder, mine sticks up about a 1/4" and to get the dust cover on, slide it as far forward as you can, then smack it down with your other hand. Its hard to get it over the button and behind the pin. I'm gonna replace the pin myself. I have emailed them and left a message for "Guy" who answered my email. Nothing yet, but I'm frostedat the quality for the price,but I refuse to get rid of it as it is all matching, even the bayonet!

einheit13,

Mine came with the hinge pin sticking up to.  But heres the good part...., The reason it sticks up is because it is in upside down!!  They ..., Whom ever "they " are?...,  did this as a quick.., but phony fix so there would be something to hold the dust cover forward enough to engage the slot under the rear sight!!  If you take the pin out & turn it around ,  the smaller diameter end will fit down into the bottom of the hinge, as it is suppose to,  allowing it to seat flush on the top!

But now you have the real problem....., there is nothing to hold the dust cover forward enough to engage the retaining slot under the rear sight!!

These rifles were built with the rear trunnion set back about an 1/8" too far..., that is the apitimy faulty workmanshp in my opinion!!    I have a phone call into Guy too..., but he has not called back yet!!

He also told me it would come with (3) 30 round mags..., the reciept showed (2) mags..., but it showed up with only (1) mag!!

These rifles are suppose to have a (1) year warranty.  I guess we'll see if they back it up??
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#15]
We're rined out tody and I'm gonna call them. Just to get some answers on "why" I had to wait 2 weeks to get mine I had to speak to Donna(I think thats her name) and Ben(in shipping), those two were the the best. I'll let ya know what happens. Mine came with only 1 mag, but on the website ( 9/7/05) it said it would be duracoated. then they pulled the advertisement, then they reposted it with as hot blued and $20 more! Now its gone completely. Now hearing this from you, I feel a litlle ripped for the money. I just checked the trunion against one my fiend has(a Krink with the same stock) and you're right! Update to come later.......
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top