Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 8:43:47 PM EDT
Having never owned a 5.45, I was wondering about building one for my wife. She is petite (103lbs) 5'4. I started to build her a shorty AR but was wondering if the gun weight, felt recoil, and report would be less with a tantal.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
MW, My wife is also petite and enjoys my 74 side folder. The tantal would be almost identical. You might add a buffer from Blackjack. I have a Vepr in 5.45 that has almost zero recoil due to the heavier weight of the rifle. My wife likes the Vepr if she can rest it on something and not packing it around. I have one AR15 and a couple AKs in 223. I would say the diference in recoil is very minimal.  Either one should work and a buffer and muzzle brake could give minor relief.  Hope this helps, CB
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:24:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife loves her Tantal I built. Couldn't find a pic of her shooting it but you can see it on the shooting bench. She's only 5ft and 100# The AMD-63 knocks her around pretty good

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top