Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 10:37:30 AM EDT
I have a new polish underfolder built by vector that I haven't even shot yet. I was changing out the bottom foregrip this morning and the new grip was really tight but I made it fit by tapping on the handguard lock lever. (I figured it was better to be a little tight than too lose by filing it down)

After installation of the foregrip I tried to load a mag in the rifle but it was too tight and would not go in. (The mag went in fine before I installed the new handguard) I figured it was way too tight and put the receiver in a bind. I tried to flip the handguard lock lever back the other way to remove the handguard but it didn't wanna budge. I used a flathead screwdriver to pry it up a little then tapped on it a couple times with a hammer but this was a bad idea and the lever broke off.

What do I do now? Is there a way I can replace it? Can I do it myself or do I need to send it off? Do I have to replace the whole handguard lower bracket or can I replace just the lever?

Also how do I remove the handguard now with no lever?  

Am I really screwed or can it be easily fixed and I'm just freaking out after doing something so stupid??
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you turn it with needle nose pliers?  replacement parts see this thread
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#2]
the lever broke off
Sorry for you guy. Can you leverage under what's left
of the lever and work it up to release your bottom handguard?
I really can't picture the HG preventing mag insertion.
Did you try other mags a couple of times?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I still don't see any way the handguard problem created your mag problem,if your mag release is slightly off,it'll work fine with some mags while fitting other mags,really tight.I have had to "tweak"mag releases before.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help guys. I used the link CousinIT50 gave me and found a replacement part from Numrich's for $6.20 and I used Krinkfreak's advice and used a punch to remove the lever lock.  I'll place the order monday and try and install it a soon as it gets here.

Thanks again guys for the help.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top