Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/2/2005 8:51:13 AM EDT
OK on the lower forward grip there is a 5mm hole that a pin goes into to secure the forward lower grip onto the barrel via a semi circle notch cut into the barrel to prevent the grip from moving.

heres the getter......I Lost the pin at the range and I don't live near a hardware store or anything like that.  Does anyone know a website where I can buy small quantity of industrial type fasteners.

I did google and found a bunch of places but none were taking orders over the internet and im not sure exactly what its called that i am looking for.  Can someone give me a little assistance.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't picture what you are talking about.

Is it that semi circular piece of metal shown just forward of the index finger in this pic?

Or is it the pin seen just to the left of the screw driver in this pic? Lower handguard keeper plate.

Or are you talking the cleaning rod?

www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=101ZzAK47
Item #3? or #63?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#2]
that's weird, they shouldn't come out, the pin is flared on the other side

you can just buy another handguard retainer plate at aa-ok.com and just drive out the pin and put it in your plate and flare the non bent side
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#3]
the catch lever is what i need.  I thought it was just a pin but from what you guys said and looking at the aaok site it appears that the catch lever is what i need.  Thank you so much for the help guys.  My AK will be up and running in no time

Thanks again
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

you can just buy another handguard retainer plate at aa-ok.com and just drive out the pin and put it in your plate and flare the non bent side

Thanks for the site 1Gunnger, now I have to buy a blonde pistol grip for my wasr.
This just doesn't look right with a black pistol grip.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the site 1Gunnger, now I have to buy a blonde pistol grip for my wasr.
This just doesn't look right with a black pistol grip.
www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/22925WAsR10-med.jpg

Hey make sure you start another thread with with that blonde pistol grip for comments when you get it, good or bad it doesn't matter....i've never seen a one on an AK, it ought to be interesting
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top