Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 7:57:27 PM EDT
At least he has his ear protection on.....................  

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that an old stick of explosives?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
OMG!  You actually picked that up???  When I have found that stuff, I stay a good five feet away!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't set it off without a cap ....
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can't set it off without a cap ....

Not necesarilly true.. If that old enough, the glycrin in it could be unstable, and it could detonate be the shock of droping it, or even stepping on it.. Dangerous stuff..
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#5]
When I was around 16 I found two sticks of ditching dynomite in a shack/cabin... It seemed really "waxy" on the outside.  I don't like things that are only designed to go boom... With as many NDs and KBs that I've had w/ conventional weapons in good order... I just don't trust out dated explosives!

The fellow must be .gov & he's "playing it by the books" for safety's sake!

Sly
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been known to shoot old explosives......  I sure as hell am not gettign close enough to actually mount a charge on them to destroy them.

that said, I hav enot picked up old explosives since I was a kid.....   I just am not that stupid anymore
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#7]

That reminds me of that old Roy Scheider movie, Sorcerer.

He is hired to transport old, unstable dynamite by truck through the South American jungle, and the dynamite's sweating nitro glycerin.  I won't tell you what happens.

Great movie.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:32:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
At least he has his ear protection on.....................  

762x39.net/richboom1aa.JPG

Yep at least he'll be able to hear the doctor tell him, dude you're messed up...
WHAT!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:08:47 AM EDT
[#10]
That looks like the Pinenut mountains east of Carson?  How's about some GPS coordinates so I can go shoot at it???

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That reminds me of that old Roy Scheider movie, Sorcerer.

He is hired to transport old, unstable dynamite by truck through the South American jungle, and the dynamite's sweating nitro glycerin.  I won't tell you what happens.

Great movie.

"It's ten minutes to nine - in Paris...."
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:07:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"It's ten minutes to nine - in Paris...."

That's what I love about our site-

There's always at least one guy out there who understands what the heck I'm babbling about!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#13]
What does that day on it "special geletin 40%"?

What does that mean?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#14]
my dad was a police officer in KS. he used to tell a storie about some kid stealing some TNT from a construction site, well long storie short, he was playing with it in the trunk of his car and it went off....... they found fingers like 2-4 blocks away and the car had been blown about 10 feet out side of a very large blast mark. he also said that a house about 25 - 50 yards away had every nail jump about 1/2 inch out of place, and broke all windows on that side.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#15]
LOL...well I gotta tell you guys. Thats my nephew, he found all this crap in the mouth of an old mine when we were on our Ely Ghost Town trip. The tube is empty and it was a stick of dynamite.....I thought the photo was funny as shit. Ive got a photo of about a hundred of those laying in the mouth of a mine.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ive got a photo of about a hundred of those laying in the mouth of a mine.  

I wanna see
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#17]
OK...here ya go.......................  This is just one spot...there all over the place.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Thats amazing, I have never seen anything like that. In North Texas our rock is always dug with machines, it's not hard. Mostly weathered limestone.
I feel for those miners, that type of hard rock causes silicosis. I am sure most miners have a reduced quality of living. Especially if they leave those all over the place.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#19]
yeah the miners had it tuff....they got a disease from dust in the mines they called it "rocks in the box"......Hard times back then.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought it was an old cuban cigar.........
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I thought it was an old cuban cigar.........

Never been accused of being "too smart", huh?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Empty!  LOL!  You can find old dynamite around old mine sites in my neck of the woods as well.  Actually, quite a few of the old mines have some really cool artifacts lying around.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top