Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:49:13 AM EDT
I am well on my way to building a Polish Grenade launching wz 60 AK and now I feel the need to figure out what the Comblock rifle launched grenade from the 50s to 60s would have looked like...

I would like to buy a dummy version or I may try to just make a copy...  My problem is that I could see one tonight on the way home from work and I would have no clue if it was the correct type for my project...

Can anybody help teach me a little Polish grenade history?

Thanks!

Following are a coule pages with rife launched grenades...

world.guns.ru/grenade/gl00-e.htm

www.military-sf.com/Grenadelauncher.htm

Here is a list of Grenades used with these rifles (From:  kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka289.html

F1-N-60 Fragmentation grenade. Uses body of F1 hand grenade. Used in 1960-ties and later replaced by KGN grenade.

KGN Fragmentation grenade. Used against troops and lightly armored targets. The casing holds 244 ball bearings.

K-CGN Training version of KGN. Contains no explosives but has a flash-smoke charge. Reusable.

PGN-60 Anti-tank grenade. Has a shaped charge, can penetrate 200 mm (7.9 ") of solid steel.

PGN-60 cwicz Training version of PGN-60. Reusable.

DGN Smoke grenade.

CGN Training grenade used to train artilery crews. The grenade is fired from a kbkg wz. 1960 mounted on a special artilery sights equiped mount.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks like a Estes Rocket I built as a kid.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
that is a NICE milled kit you got there in your boards.......well done
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't help on your specific question, but if you end up building a copy, you might see if modifying one of the Israeli practice rifle grenades would work.  I bought mine for $45, and it came with extra tail sections and metal tube inserts.  It could be a good basis for the project if there are enough similarities.  I don't think it would be difficult to sleeve the inner tube to Warsaw dimensions.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a yugoslav rifle grenade.

Here's more.

This is an inert yugo rifle grenade next to my yugo SKS.

Yugo rifle grenades come with to blanks in the tail boom, secured by a plug.  One blank is 7.62x39, one is 8mm mauser.  They are grenade launching blanks, not to be confused with normal 'training' blanks used to simulate firing with a blank adapter.

There are also 'bullet trap' grenades, that allow the firer to use his normal ammo to launch the grenades.  These are a bit safer for the user (you don't want to fire a bullet into a non-bullet trap grenade), but the bullet trap adds weight and reduces range.

As I recall, the polish grenades are shot off of a 19mm spigot, where the Yugo grenades are shot off of a 22mm spigot.  22mm is the nato standard, so you can launch Yugo grenades off of any NATO spec flash hider/launcher (like the A1/A2 flash hider on your AR15).  There are many others, such as the STOLL devices on FALs, the Belgian combo device, and others.  I think the G3 hider is 22mm as well.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#6]
eodinert,

where did you find your inert gernades, I have a friend that has a Yugo SKS with the gernade launcher on it, and he wants to find some inert gernades to go with it.  He asked me where he could find some, but thats not really something I know a lot about and didn't know where to tell him to look.  Also, what about gernade firing blanks?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]
You can buy grenade blanks from Hi-Vel.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]
here's some pics on an inert  Hungarian Anti-pers rifle grenade with the AMR-69 rifle

and damn EOD..you have even more awesome stuff

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I had extra yugo rifle grenades a while back, sold them all though.  Kept enough for myself.  I also have the inert HEAT version.  They turn up on ebay from time to time, believe it or not.

HiVels grenade launching blanks are not loaded properly for grenade launching blanks.  I read somewhere about somebody taking one apart and measuring the powder out, etc, and concluding the were not right.  Don't remember if they were weak, or hot.

You'd be better off researching the blank load and making your own.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I had extra yugo rifle grenades a while back, sold them all though.  Kept enough for myself.  I also have the inert HEAT version.  They turn up on ebay from time to time, believe it or not.

HiVels grenade launching blanks are not loaded properly for grenade launching blanks.  I read somewhere about somebody taking one apart and measuring the powder out, etc, and concluding the were not right.  Don't remember if they were weak, or hot.

You'd be better off researching the blank load and making your own.

I totally agree with what your saying....roll your own is way better then the HiVels...,,,I better keep looking on ebay

if you ever come across a spare yugo...think of your poor northerly brother   will ya
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Just saw this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Rifle-Grenade-INERT-fits-59-66-Yugo-SKS-RARE_W0QQitemZ6564749328QQcategoryZ588QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top