Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 8:50:55 PM EDT
rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi/agora.cgi?cart_id=8243560.9296*Cu2-H4&p_id=02051&xm=on&ppinc=big

And what should it cost me?

Will I be happy when I'm done?

Thank you , very much, for your patience.

Regards,

Rick
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you would have to buy this:  http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?3=693 just for the rear trunnion.  You could then try to sell the extra stock.  You'll also need a receiver.  Not sure if you are going to build it yourself or send it to a gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, you would have to buy this:  http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?3=693 just for the rear trunnion.  You could then try to sell the extra stock.  You'll also need a receiver.  Not sure if you are going to build it yourself or send it to a gunsmith.  

The kit he linked to is a fixed stock version, and it comes with the rear tang.

Basically, you'll need a global 1.0mm receiver, G2 fire control group from tapco or someone on the EE, US gas piston, and US pistol grip.

THEN, you need the tools and know-how to rivet it together, or you need a builder that you can pay to do it.

US parts alone will be like $125 or more, and a professionaly build would cost a couple hundred more.

You're probably better off getting one of the SLR-105RA1 conversions jnewt is selling in the EE. Its probably cheaper, and you get a factory receiver, factory build.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually couldn't you get by with a US pistol grip or a US gas piston but not both so long as the muzzle attachment is US made.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Actually couldn't you get by with a US pistol grip or a US gas piston but not both so long as the muzzle attachment is US made.

You could, but the kit comes with a bulgarian brake. I dont even know of any correct US made 24mm brakes, maybe ak-usa makes one, dunno.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:06:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Probbaly need a scope mount if you want one too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
US parts alone will be like $125 or more,

Dude, you've got to find a new place to buy your parts.
A G2 FCG, gas piston, and PG all US made can be had for half of that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
US parts alone will be like $125 or more,

Dude, you've got to find a new place to buy your parts.
A G2 FCG, gas piston, and PG all US made can be had for half of that.

Receiver? I think you need one of those dont you?

Guess I could have said parts and receiver, oh well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I was thinking about building it myself but I think the learning curve would be more like a cliff right now.  

I'll look for a built model, actually, will probably hang and pick up a NV Arsenal 105 "variant."

Now, if I can figure out all the numbers.

It's much worse than ARs with CARs, LARs, M4s, A2s, etc, etc.  

Every former comblock NATO member has a different series and sequence.

OK, I got it, no problem.

Thanks for the good info.

Regards,

Rick

PS  Nice group here, thank you.
"I'll be back."

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top