Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 11:34:25 AM EDT
I am interested in buildind another AK. I have been out of the rifle thing for about a year and have been working on handgun stuff. Can I still buy an Ohio ordinance reciever and build a kit on it or have they changed the laws. I remember reading some builders talk about a new law that made it more difficult on builders or something. I want a kit with the barrel already in the trunion if possible. NO I AM NOT A TROLL WITH A COLLEGE CLASS ASSIGNMET. I can not stand anti gun politicians. I know this is something that should be comon knowlege but I have been out of the loop and do not want to lay down money and then find out I am stuck with a pile of parts. I would like to go with a tapco kit if they are in good shape.

Edited for spelling. I know it is still bad but I am out the door to work. Thanks for any input.

Khan out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I would look at the posts but I think the go to receivers at this time is the Global Trades 1.0 receiver.  I have built on OOW and they are nice receivers but it seems most people now want the Global...

As for building, as long as you have your 922(r) parts covered you should be fine...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I am more concerned about the legality than which reciever. I can pick up an ohio ordinance localy and not order it for under $60.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, legally it's still ok. The only requirement is that it have enough US parts to qualify.

Most kits come with the trunion still attached. But I don't screw mine.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top