Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 12:16:54 PM EDT
Ok, so after thinking about a few different ways to go with the SAR-3 muzzle, i'm thinking AR threads are the way to go. Where can i get a kit to do this? I threaded my SAR-1 with a kit from wjm, anyone know if hes got one for AR threads?

Once thats done, i can use an AR flash suppressor, or an adaptor to get to 24mm threads and use a 74 brake (or even a bulgarian FS, but no one has them anymore). Where can i get an AR to 24mm adaptor? I found a few here..

www.aa-ok.com/AK_Spare_Parts/Spare_Parts.htm (scroll all the way down)

They have two for 14x1LH that look like a detent pin would hold both the adaptor and brake on. This would allow easy switching back and forth if the AR FS is easily removable as well (need to look into how they would attach).

Now, the problem is the AR to 24mm adaptor does not have a cutout for a detent pin. I assume one could be dremeled in, but is there a correct adaptor out there somewhere?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to go with the Romanian muzzle brake, then you need a 22mm adapter. That's what I did with both my SAR-2's. I have the threading kit here that will put 1/2X28 threads on the muzzle and then you can buy the adapter and install it yourself. If you don't want the 22mm adapter, then the threads will already be there to put any AR type muzzle attachment on that you want.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top