Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2005 9:05:45 AM EDT
how is this new atf ban going to affect the ak  world?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#1]
It is going to make us all want more ak kits...  we will want to build these kits into guns, and we will all have MANY MORE AKs then we had before the BATFE told us that we couldn't have them....

X = # of kits owned before stupid laws
X + n = # of kits and guns after stupid law where value of n depends on amount of $ one is willing to spend.  n is likely to be higher then X

No Law - We own guns
Restrictions - We Buy MORE guns

So...  the result will be many more AKs out there IMHO!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#2]
no more parts kit but what about complete weapons?

and can thease kit be manufactured in the US??
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
no more parts kit but what about complete weapons?

and can thease kit be manufactured in the US??

The change only applies to kits, not complete weapons. Kits in country can be built into complete weapons.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, this is only affceting barrels...  people will start making inexpensive barrels and that will be nice as you simply assemble your parts on the barrel, prss to the proper headspace, drill for the barrel pin, and put the pin in place...  So, really this will have little effect but to get people like me to stockpile more kits then I need!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
You are absolutely correct, Quarterbore.  Reasonably priced barrels for the AK family are right around the corner.  In my other life, the folks I work with are deep into discussion with a major barrel manufacturer as we speak.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It is going to make us all want more ak kits...  we will want to build these kits into guns, and we will all have MANY MORE AKs then we had before the BATFE told us that we couldn't have them....

X + n = # of kits and guns after stupid law where value of n depends on amount of $ one is willing to spend.  n is likely to be higher then X

No Law - We own guns

+1  You must be an economics/business professor. Another stupid gun law that makes it harder to keep guns in the hands of honest citizens
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Also, this is only affceting barrels...  people will start making inexpensive barrels and that will be nice as

you have to be kidding.......they can't even make a decent FCG. how the hell do you figure they will make US barrels that will be the same quality as the original military ones, and for less?

all this barrel ban is doing is  driving  up the prices of complete price kits, after january the prices will be even more rediculous.......look for the barrels alone to be priced in the 200 dollar range about this time next year.  my advice, buy as much spare parts kit as you can afford to replace the barrels on your assembled AKs, otherwise you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for not doing it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
all this barrel ban will do is drive up the prices of complete price kits, a lot more then are now after january.......look for the barrels alone to be priced in the 200 dollar range.  my advice, buy as much spare parts kit as you can afford to replace the barrels on your assembled AKs, otherwise you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for not doing it, in a couple of years.

Yeah, Arsenal's US FCG blows!

There will be US manufacturers making shit quality barrels, probably Century. There will also be US manufacturers making excellent barrels that are just as good, or better, than the real thing. You're a moron if you don't think K-var won't import barrel making machinery the same way they did the receiver tooling.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No Law - We own guns

Yep I wouldn't own half of my guns if someone hadn't said I couldn't have them.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top