Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:04:59 PM EDT
I don't own an AK but know that it will be my next purchase.  Would you recommend a Vector AK-47 underfolder or a Bulgy ORF build AK-74?  Which and why.  I'm trying to keep it under $550 so that rules out any custom work...  Caliber is not a big issue because I already have a 5.56 and a 7.62X51, so its not a deciding factor.  Gun will mainly live behind the seat in my truck so I want a folder.  If you wouldn't purchase one over the other, why not?  Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with the Vector underfolder AK47... nothing is more evil, and there's something about that curved mag. When friends come to visit, its the rifle they all want to shoot. Of course, from the perpective of shootability, the side folder is better.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Both should be decent builds. It all comes down to what caliber/features you want.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]
How about the stocks?  Will the underfolder eventually "shoot loose" or stray from its original tolerances?  Will the side folder hold up better?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't own an AK but know that it will be my next purchase.  Would you recommend a Vector AK-47 underfolder or a Bulgy ORF build AK-74?  Which and why.  I'm trying to keep it under $550 so that rules out any custom work...  Caliber is not a big issue because I already have a 5.56 and a 7.62X51, so its not a deciding factor.  Gun will mainly live behind the seat in my truck so I want a folder.  If you wouldn't purchase one over the other, why not?  Thanks...

There are no more AK74 sidefolder kits available from dealers. If you get a private sale of one, it will most likely cost over $400.00

If you could find one, a built one will go for at least $800.00 (They were going for $700.00 before the enforcement of the import restrictions.

The underfolder should be available for $550.00.....I guess it all depends on which caliber you desire (7.62 X 39 or 5.45 X 39) and how much you want to spend.

I have both, and prefer the sidefolder.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

My Romanian SAR-1 Sidfolder is my Truck/Trunk weapon. What I like about this stock is that when it's folded it doesn't interfere with the operation of the Firearm.  These are readily available  for
40.00-70.00.  The guys can tell you which varient it can be used on.

Edit: Not everyone likes the cheek weld on one of these.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top