Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 11:22:02 AM EDT
What is a grip plate, and why do I want one?  Was it on original AKs?  I heard a discussion about these and it said that it would have to be welded on.  Where does it go and what benefit does it serve?  Pics would be very much appriciated.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]
id like to hear the pros and cons also
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]

This is an exact reproduction of the steel plates used on all Russian pattern folding stock Kalashnikov rifles including production AKMS, AKS-74, AK-74M, and AK-100 series rifles. These have been totally unavailable until now, and will strengthen your project rifle as well as provide the right look and feel. Originally spot welded to the bottom of the receiver and sandwiched with the trigger guard rear rivet, this item will correctly angle your trigger guard strap and add length to your grip, while making the rifle feel much more rigid. We now carry two designs: one for AKS-74/AK74M/AK-100, and an earlier pattern designed for early AKS-74 and all AKMS rifles.

tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Ohio rapid fire has them although the hole is in the incorrect position, i just put one on my aks74, i drilled five holes and spot welded it on with my mig welder, the description from tantal's site explains it as seen above. Alot of people overlook the plate on their builds but all original ak folders had them from my understanding except for the AMD65's, i'm sure theres others. McM
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]
reduces possibility of receiver flexing at the pistol grip when you shoot with a folded side or underfolding stock and the pistol grip takes the recoil, or when you generally wield the rifle about with the pistol grip
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
reduces possibility of receiver flexing at the pistol grip when you shoot with a folded side or underfolding stock and the pistol grip takes the recoil, or when you generally wield the rifle about with the pistol grip

Too thin of a receiver?

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top