Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 12:35:05 PM EDT
I just recieved my new plastic funiture and I need to remove the wood from the upper hand guard. How do I get it off without destroying it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
breakdown the rifle until you get the upper gas tube off.  shoot a bit of breakfree clp (or equivalent lubricant) in the 2 curved metal endings of the upper gas tube that hold the wood there.... wait 5 mins... wrap/grab the ENTIRE upper with your hand firmly and twist the wood off SLOWLY either way (doesnt matter).  BE fluid in your twisting motion, but gentle and slow at the same time.  The upper should come off without damage.  If your upper is a laminated upper, take a little more extra care, as these tend to crack/split more (at the laminated seams) than the solid uppers.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks that got it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top