Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 3:33:00 PM EDT
I recently purchased AK items from them. This company is absolutely fantastic to deal with. They have excellent customer service. I will certainly be purchasing additional products from them in the near future. Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#1]
wrong forum

post in here www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=109

oh, and +1 for ORF
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
wrong forum

oh, and +1 for ORF

Mod wantabe ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh really now, well let's see. One Micro Galil kit that's been there since January still in pieces to this day. I've been given the run-around, lied to, accused of writing derogatory posts after he and I exchanged e-mails and treated basically like crap. I was told it just needed to be refinished back in the beginning of July and it's still not even assembled. Is that good customer service?

Want somemore? Look at the reviews section on Falfiles about another post on ORF from Jerod. His kit has been there since Febuary and he's been treated the same way. His kit is now for sale with the receiver because he's had enough and to be honest, I can't really blame him. That's been the REAL ORF lately.

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141114

Still don't believe me? Well just read through this and don't read into the RF-5 receiver, just read some of my posts and Todd's replies.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=186028

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wrong forum

oh, and +1 for ORF

Mod wantabe ?

it's wannabe not "wantabe"

and no, I was pointing him to a place where his comments would get more noticed and counted in feedback.

and the fact that it was in the AR15 builders forum to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Well for some reason I like the spirit of ORF . But also on the same note they are lacking in several areas.

They are much too busy with their huge gigantic wonderful new plans for the future to be bothered with sticking to their word and taking care of a few customers that have outstanding issues with them.

I know that they are involved with a location move, and legal issues with FAC. However me and at the least the two other persons mentioned aboved had work at their location before those events and we rightfully should have been taken care of.

Todd states that he will take care of any and all outstanding issues. The funny thing is that I DO believe him. But what is a reasonable time to wait? 2 months? 6 Months? How many years? The end of August will be 6 months for my petty little problem.

Todd  also has time to pop on the internet and brag about the new shop. But not either the time or inclination to COMMUNICATE with a few whining snivelers (me) that only either want what was promised or a satisfactory resolution.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
And the funny thing is that he'll read this then come on here and say "I'll try next week" and a few months down the road will pass and again "it'll be next week". He sounds exactly like that other infamous Todd we all know because that's how it was with the SW-52 I purchased. It'll be next week and then the next month, next week again and that went on for over a year before I got it. Maybe it's no wonder why these two don't get along because they sure as hell are starting to sound the same to me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And the funny thing is that he'll read this then come on here and say "I'll try next week" and a few months down the road will pass and again "it'll be next week". He sounds exactly like that other infamous Todd we all know because that's how it was with the SW-52 I purchased. It'll be next week and then the next month, next week again and that went on for over a year before I got it. Maybe it's no wonder why these two don't get along because they sure as hell are starting to sound the same to me.

And this is going to help get your stuff done faster??
We get tht point guys.  If i were Todd, all your parts would be in a box on their way back to you
so you could send your stuff somewhere else to get the work done and quit whining about it.
...at least serve some CHEESE with your WHINE.

I've delt with him on several issues and have never had a problem. He has gone out of his way for me on a few occasions and has come through more so than not.  I will continue to purchase from him. As a matter of fact im looking to purchase another "receiver" that he MFG's for a new build im going to do. I will probably have him do some machine work also for it.
He gets my business when i need something done.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh really now, well let's see. One Micro Galil kit that's been there since January still in pieces to this day. I've been given the run-around, lied to, accused of writing derogatory posts after he and I exchanged e-mails and treated basically like crap. I was told it just needed to be refinished back in the beginning of July and it's still not even assembled. Is that good customer service?

Want somemore? Look at the reviews section on Falfiles about another post on ORF from Jerod. His kit has been there since Febuary and he's been treated the same way. His kit is now for sale with the receiver because he's had enough and to be honest, I can't really blame him. That's been the REAL ORF lately.

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141114

Still don't believe me? Well just read through this and don't read into the RF-5 receiver, just read some of my posts and Todd's replies.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=9&t=186028

Thanks for the warning, I'll be taking my business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I like ORF and am holding out for the looonnnngggg awaited RF-5 receiver.  I am, however, going to press ahead with another build ORF could do but won't get the chance to.  I have seen enough other issues that Todd is dealing with that I know one small build might not get the proper attention.  For that reason I'm going somewhere else.  I will be back when life settles down at ORF though.

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I called Todd just now.  He's trying his best to finish the custom work backlog that he promised he would do for his customers.

Your weapon is assembled, and has been assembled.  It only requires the finish to be applied.

He said he will take photos for you and post in this thread tonight or tomorrow.  I will call him back later and try my best to have them for you tonight.

That's fine krinkfreak and thanks. I really do appreciate your effort. BTW, I have responded to your IM.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
We get tht point guys.  If i were Todd, all your parts would be in a box on their way back to you
so you could send your stuff somewhere else to get the work done and quit whining about it.

I've delt with him on several issues and have never had a problem. He has gone out of his way for me on a few occasions and has come through more so than not.  I will continue to purchase from him. As a matter of fact im looking to purchase another "receiver" that he MFG's for a new build im going to do. I will probably have him do some machine work also for it.

KyARGuy

KyARGuy, if he wants to send it back in pieces then that's fine. In fact I asked for it to be shipped back if he cannot finish it so your post is about mute at this point. And no sir, there's no whining to it but when your quoted a month to 2 month build time and it turns into 9, how would you react? Don't post shit until you know all the facts man, because you really have no clue as to anything that I'm talking about. That includes you too, jugrunner. But now that I have word that it's actually assembled, then I will no longer post anything else about ORF.

Edited to add: I have nothing personal with Todd, in fact I kind of like the guy. But when I'm told one thing and something completely different happens or in my case, doesn't happen  and no reasons are given, then maybe some of you can understand where I'm coming from. I understand that he's a busy man but maybe being forthright in the beginning would have prevented all this crap in the first place. Todd knows what I'm talking about and that's all that really matters. I am not trolling the guy and I never have, but I ONLY posted my firsthand experiences with him and that is all. If some of you think negatively of me for doing it, then so be it. Jim
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:36:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#16]

And no sir, there's no whining to it but when your quoted a month to 2 month build time and it turns into 9, how would you react?

I have had some custom guns built over time all from different gunsmiths. Some of them i would have been really glad to have in only 9 months.  Some took a bit longer, about a year.  The longest one took only 54 months. I didn't ask why, i dont even remember how long they told me it would take to get done
in some of the cases. I got them back when they were finished.

Don't post shit until you know all the facts man, because you really have no clue as to anything that I'm talking about.

I had the all the facts that YOU posted. I waded through the posts on YOUR experience with
ORF and posted as i saw appropriate.  I know what it is like to have to wait for a project to
get done, and when they take longer than you thought, you get pissed off about it, but it still takes as long as it does to get done.  Not worth the stress or worry to me. When it gets done, it gets done.
There was a time when i would have been pissed about it, but i've grown out of it.
Life is way too short to worry about weather a gun is going to be finished "on time" or
"when he told me".

I hope you like your Galill.  I thought of doing one at one time, but decided not to because of cost.
That and nobody built a receiver then.  Post some pics of it when you get it back!!

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:26:55 AM EDT
[#17]
It's not like a month went by and I started hounding the guy, I believe I waited for quite a few before I started wondering why my rifle was taking so long. Now looking back though, If I even had a clue about some of the other stuff happening with Todd and ORF I don't think I would have even considered  going to him at all. At first I was actually going to go with Jayson at IGF, but he gave me a 6-8 month build time while Todd gave me a timetable far more shorter. And with all the positive posts about ORF's rifles and service and the fact that he manufactures a Galil receiver, I thought why not give him a try and so I did. But now I really do think the next rifle I have built will probably go back to IGF because even though Jayson might take a while to get to it, and I have waited over 8 months to get an AK back, he'll tell me upfront about it. That way he covers his ass and doesn't leave me guessing as to what the hell is going on. So you see now, if I went with my first choice I would've had my rifle back by now and none of this would be happening but I took Todd at his word and you see the outcome. Anyway, I'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:46:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

KyARGuy

Dude,

Your post is inappropriate. Are you some sort of censor? He provided an opposong POV based upon HIS experience. The message I got from his post was if you deal with ORF, your project may take a lot longer than originally promised. It's a data point for others to use. It's not whining. If we only post the good stuff then are we getting a fair and balanced story? Why do you feel the need to be critical of the experience of others?

Here's my experience with ORF. I was in on the RF5 GB from the begining. We were told the receivers would be done in 30 days. That was last Oct. After 4 or 5 months I  decided to pull out and cash in my MP5 kit and do another build. I've been using my "other build" which required HK parts for months. The guys in the GB still don't have any idea when they will see receivers. These are facts.

OTOH, I just purchased a Yugo Krink kit from ORF and B. Williams was great to deal with. The kit arrived in a couple of days and it was just as advertised.

All this adds up to a mixed bag.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I've had nothing but great dealings with ORF.

Ps.  This is the perfect forum to post that.  AK DISCUSSIONS.  This is where I come to look for reviews or ask for reviews.

post away.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I've had nothing but great dealings with ORF.

Ps.  This is the perfect forum to post that.  AK DISCUSSIONS.  This is where I come to look for reviews or ask for reviews.

post away.

+1 ! I've had great service from them so far.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I've got the pics and I will e-mail you shortly. Thanks, Jim
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#24]
lets see....ive got an hk build with murry urbach going on now for 24 months now....without one peep as to the status or even if its begun yet.....but im fine with it because i have faith that it'll come back 11 on a 10 point scale.  
that is also how i feel about orf over the last 5 builds they did for me.....
jim, though the wait might be longer than you'd like....see how the build turns out before making up you mind about this episode......for some perspective, try looking at some net comments about ralph smith@ rdts (he's an hk builder).....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#25]
All right, this is the last time I post in this thread. I have e-mailed Todd and that's it and it's settled. But I offer no apologies for anything I wrote about ORF and Todd, it was and still is the truth.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
lets see....ive got an hk build with murry urbach going on now for 24 months now....without one peep as to the status or even if its begun yet.....but im fine with it because i have faith that it'll come back 11 on a 10 point scale.  
that is also how i feel about orf over the last 5 builds they did for me.....
jim, though the wait might be longer than you'd like....see how the build turns out before making up you mind about this episode......for some perspective, try looking at some net comments about ralph smith@ rdts (he's an hk builder).....

I was thinking the same thing.  I've got a Maxim project that Bubba Naess has been working on for about a year now, just some spades for an 08/15, not a big project.  I haven't bothered him, I know he'll get it done eventually and it will be right.  It can be frustrating, but custom work in this field takes time to get done.  Todd is a good guy and will come through in the end.  I've done business with ORF and Todd and wouldn't hesitate to do so again, and again, and again.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#27]
You should have ordered a Shiloh Sharps back in the early 90's.

I REALLY wanted one bad.  Sent in my money and waited...

They called me finally and said, "your gun goes to production in about 30 days."
One week past the 30 days i had the gun in my hands.

That was only 54 months  (Yes, 4 1/2 years) after it was initially ordered.

Worth every min of it IMHO.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm am seeing a disturbing trend in this thread of a bunch of goobers bashing on a guy who has a legitimate complaint.

Here I'll give all you mugs something really good to try to talk down.

I sent a perfectly functional receiver to ORF for some custom milling. After several unavoidable delays the work was done and the receiver was returned. To Todds credit he threw in some extra work to make up for the delays.

Now..... the work was performed wrong but I WAS GOING TO LIVE WITH IT since I was just glad to get it back. When I tried to re-assemble the gun I could not because in addition to the wrong milling, my receiver was BENT and UNUSEABLE. My bolt carrier will not even fit into the receiver any more.

I called ORF, never spoke to Todd but did get authorization to send the receiver back. So I sent it back and have heard zip, zero, zilch, nada.  

I am out my receiver, money for the custom work, and I don't even know if I can replace the receiver since they seem to be rather unavailable.

This is the first time I have posted my problem anywhere because I was trying to give Todd a chance to rectify the situation. But quite frankly Jimtash has received such a bashing from all of you naysayers that I felt compelled to tell my story.

So bash away again guys. Lets make this an even higher profile issue than it already is.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#29]
assholes? hmmm....I've just been reading a nice open forum with some good debate (Good and bad) until you just made it PERSONAL.  That's not cool.   This started  out as simple thank you to ORF for a nice AK and service?  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  I feel for your problem and would be plenty pissed as well.  Calling us assholes is really in bad taste.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Travis,   point taken. I apologise for the use of the word assholes.    Anyway your post was exactly what I would expect in that you stated only your experience to the positive.

That does not change the fact that several others were making the issue "personal" with Jimtash, and belittleing his experience.

Thanks for the cool head.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top