User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 11:01:26 AM EDT
like the one where the hand guard cought on fire
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#1]
do your own and then show us the photos Ive got AVIs of a guy jumping up and down on his AK in a mud puddle and all kinds of crap like that. even shot the damn thing with another AK....crazy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
do your own and then show us the photos Ive got AVIs of a guy jumping up and down on his AK in a mud puddle and all kinds of crap like that. even shot the damn thing with another AK....crazy.

Host them! OR ATLEAST send them to me so I can host them!

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's one I hosted a while ago:

TORTURE TEST

Apparently, it's not the full video.  If anyone knows where the full vid is, I can host it for future generations...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Smoke'em if you got 'em.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
They are tortured every day in lots of third world countries. When I was in Egypt last year I saw rifles that looked like they had been to Hell and back, still in service. At Giza I watched a guard stick the muzzle of his Maadi into the sand past the front sight to lean on it. Then he pulled it out and kicked it on the front hand gaurd to clear the barrel.[
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I worked with a guy that spent far too long in Vietnam who carried an AK much of the time. As I was told, ammo was easily purchased or bartered with from the South Vietnamese. I was told stories of bolts rusting near shut and kicked back open so they could fire them again.

I however have actually jammed an AK at the range
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
At Giza I watched a guard stick the muzzle of his Maadi into the sand past the front sight to lean on it. Then he pulled it out and kicked it on the front hand gaurd to clear the barrel.[

I've done this with a 16 in training

The AK has has over 50 years of continuous torture testing to prove itself. Anyone who thinks they can test it any more than has already been done is an idiot and is just beating up their rifle for no reason.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
At Giza I watched a guard stick the muzzle of his Maadi into the sand past the front sight to lean on it. Then he pulled it out and kicked it on the front hand gaurd to clear the barrel.[

I've done this with a 16 in training

The AK has has over 50 years of continuous torture testing to prove itself. Anyone who thinks they can test it any more than has already been done is an idiot and is just beating up their rifle for no reason.

Agreed, I don't see the point of it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I forgot where the video was, but here's a gif I made from it.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top