Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:09:40 AM EDT
I'm in the market for a good starter AK (good fit, finish, customer service) and need advice on the best place to get one. I want to try and stay around $500-600 and have seen several sites with them in this range (Atlantic, Vector, Robarms, etc).have
Thanks.

Mick.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I would get one from Atlantic cause they have many different ones to choose from and many of them are built by the builders you listed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Aimsurplus.com very nice people there!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#3]
For a $100 more you could have the best AK made (cough)Arsenal(cough). Templar could fix you up ...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep talking guys, I'm taking notes (always wanted a AK to go along with may other A's)
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#6]
another +1 for Templar..
Atlantic has a good rep as well..
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Take a look at Arsenals before buying an AK.  After handling one you'll want to save that extra $150.   Very nice rifles.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Atlantic Specials

Actual page

$339 WASR-10...

Not a bad starter...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a gun from Atlantic back in May. I am very happy with the gun, but my purchasing experience with that company was less than ideal. Mr. Bunting only takes orders that are mailed in,  (he has a Order Form on his site) that's not too bad, but he also has rules on HOW to order. That's OK all the way up till you try to print out his order form and it won't go through. (seriously) I have emailed the form to myself and tried printing out the email, and it still wouldn't print. I even emailed the form to my shop and tried printing it out on another computer. Same thing. I ended up having to type out my own Order Form in order to get the ball rolling.

Purchasing a firearm with Atlantic Firearms
in 4 easy steps!

Email or call Atlantic Firearms for Product Availability.

Place Order to Reserve Item.

Contact your FFL Dealer to arrange Transfer.

Send payment, FFL and Order form.

Email or call Atlantic Firearms for Product Availability.
Email or call Atlantic Firearms, LLC. for product availability due to great demand all items may not be in stock & there may be a small waiting period .

Place Order to Reserve Item.
You must place a order to reserve the item prior to sending anything in to us , this will help insure the item is here when the FFL & order form arrive . Orders can be secured with a credit card via email, fax or phone .
Payment can be made using a certified check, or money order. No personal or company checks. Website pricing is for cash or certified fund transactions. VISA & MASTERCARD add 3% to total sale.

Shipping is a flat rate of $20 per rifle in the lower 48 states via Fedex Ground. Multiple rifle orders may qualify for a discount please ask at time of order placement.

If using a credit card we will need the name on the card the billing address for the card, expiration date and the card number. You may email, fax or phone in  the credit card info. Include a copy of the ORDER FORM with all payments & ffl's. A 5% sales tax will apply to all Maryland sales. Deposits are non-refundable. We must have the ORDER FORM to process the shipment this is very important.

If you do not include the Order Form we can not
process the order!

Contact your FFL Dealer to arrange Transfer.
Locate an FFL dealer. A Federal Firearms License holder is needed to transfer ownership of most types of firearms. They will receive the firearms that you order, perform the background check & legally transfer the item to you.
Some common examples of an FFL dealer are gun stores, gunsmiths, pawnshops and shooting ranges. You are also welcome to use our FFL locator link on the left side of this page these dealers will assist in your transfer but are not on file with us and will have to send a copy of their license.

Once you have located an FFL dealer to process your transfer, inform the dealer of the type of firearm you are looking for to make sure it is legal in your area and ask what the fee is for his involvement. Fees vary, so you may want to shop around to different dealers for the best price the national average is $25-$40.

Have the dealer send a clear ink signed copy of their current FFL & the  ORDER FORM  to us via mail, FedEx ,ups etc. Faxes, emails, expired or unclear licenses are not deemed acceptable. The ORDER FORM must be sent with the FFL so we can process the order. The FFL must send the Order Form in with their  license so that we can identify & process the order !

You can not pick up your order from us. All item's will be shipped to a FFL dealer in your area for a transfer to you .

Send payment, FFL and Order form.
Print the Order Form: Must Include with FFL & Payment !

If you do not include the Order Form with the FFL & or payment we can not
process the order

Click here to print out the Order Form

Please Read

Once Atlantic Firearms, LLC. receives your order form it usually takes us 3-4 business days to process and ship your order. Excluding weekends, Holidays and unforeseen circumstances out of our control. Due to time constraints we do not email updates on payments received or outgoing shipments however you are welcome to fill out our "Check Order Status" form for a progress update & the tracking number. Please do not call for tracking numbers. Please include your name, your order & where it was shipping, we will gladly respond

You can't even email or call him for an shipping status of your order without having to fill out a form. It's a royal pain. Shipping is also very slow.

I've pointed a lot of people his way in the past, but now I warn them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy an Arsenal you'll never need another AK for the rest of your life IMHO its the best AK you can get short of building it your self with everything you want.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Buy an Arsenal you'll never need another AK for the rest of your life IMHO its the best AK you can get short of building it your self with everything you want.

+1

I just bought mine SAM 7S !!

I wanted to best
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top