Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:47:44 PM EDT
Wow.  For the price above a dark bore underfolder kit, it's damn worth it.  Mint bore, bright with sharp rifling.  Furniture is in beautiful condition.  Tight as hell underfolder stock.  I get the impression this thing was looked at more than it was shot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I just sent a dark bore kit back to CF last week, and it's replacement will be here tomorrow.  I had expected light rifling and maybe some frosting, but the damn barrel was rusted down to about a 22 caliber.  What I am trying to say is that the rust was that thick on the inside.  I was shocked to see such an otherwise beautiful looking AK have a bore like that.  I tried to clean the rust out, but to no avail.  So, just like I knew they would, they said just send it back and we will replace it.  The great thing is that they sent the replacement kit out the same day I sent the junk kit back to them.  Their customer service has never disappointed me, especially Lois.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got another Yugo kit monday. This one came from bocefus and it was an underfolder and i only paid $140 shipped and the bore is shiny with some freckles and sharp rifling. I already have one fixed stock that I got from AK Parts and the bore is shiny all the way thru with very few freckles and sharp rifling. I cant wait to get these done!!!

Im workin on sourcin up all my parts and gettin the money out to DCI for 2 receivers this week
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:21:08 AM EDT
[#3]
My kit looks like it was used a fair bit, but the bore is in good shape. I suspect CF learned the hard way that grading kits and selling them according to said grades can be more trouble than it is worth. If I ran a kit importing business I simply wouldn't promise anything to anybody and sell all kits at the same price. I wouldn't try to predict the likely condition of kits that have yet to arrive at the warehouse either. Alas, it looks as if I'll never get the chance to run such a business.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top