Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 2:05:24 PM EDT
Found the following on a for sale board : Norinco AK74 underfolder in 5.45X39mm, seller hasn`t responded to my questions yet - the only Norinco underfolders I`ve ever seen were in 7.62X39mm and 5.56NATO. The ChiCom AK info site is down at the moment but I saw a Chinese side folder AK74 shown there- does anyone here know if these were made/imported in this caliber as a factory under folder?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Templar is correct - there were VERY FEW of the factory 5.45 rifles brought in.  They were called the type 88 rifle.  JeepCreep posted a pic of the manual a couple weeks ago - if you dig through the threads and you should be able to find it pretty easy.

ETA:  heres the thread
www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=74176
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:27:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I finally talked to the seller- very nice guy but hard to communicate with as English isn`t his first language. I asked him if the caliber might be 5.56NATO -since that is the only caliber other than 7.62 I`ve ever seen these rifles in-and he said he thinks and is pretty sure it is in 5.45- so I believe either that it is probally 5.56 NATO or a conversion- I don`t want a 5.56 AK or an unknown conversion so methinks this is one to steer clear from.

(If you do a search on GunsAmerica under the AK47 heading and add Ga. to the search it will come up.)
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:49:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like someone took a 5.56mm and built it into a 5.45mm.........I wouldn't go for it personally, unless I really knew who did the work, and even then, I wouldn't.

Before the assault ban went away, I think I remember guys taking their pre-ban Chinese 5.56 rifles and having them converted to banned configuration 5.45x39 rifles with Bulgarian parts and then selling the left over Chinese parts off on the gunboards.  I bet your right on this one.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top