Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 4:03:19 PM EDT
Romy kit has a cracked RSB. The crack starts at the front and goes a little less than half way through it. It pretty much dead centers along the top of the barrel. I noticed it when I was prepairing to remove barrel pin.

Given the aggravation of how tight the barrel pin is, How bad is it gonna be to remove the small pins to get the FSB, RSB and gasport thing off?

Do I even need to replace it?

Just don't worry, pins will hold it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
If it were mine I would have to replace it. I can't stand anything "not right".  Although if I bought it from a reputable supplier I would send it back for an exchange.
To replace it the only real issue will be the new rsb as you will probably have to drill to match up with the existing pin notch in the barrel. The fsb and gb will go right back where they were when you pin it back on.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd have it replaced.

EtA: It could affect your accuracy if you're rapid firing and it flexes.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
+3 just send it back for an exchange.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Send back the whole kit, or pull off the RSB and send it back alone. Which do you mean.

Has anyone taken the small pins out, are they romibitches too? Are the FSB, RSB, gas port thing pressed on too?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Send back the whole kit, or pull off the RSB and send it back alone. Which do you mean.

Has anyone taken the small pins out, are they romibitches too? Are the FSB, RSB, gas port thing pressed on too?

Where did you buy the kit?I would call and talk to them,explain the situation and ask if they would exchange the kit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where did you buy the kit?I would call and talk to them,explain the situation and ask if they would exchange the kit.

Is the RSB a serial numbered item? IS IT removable? If I am mistaken, correct me, but I am pretty sure it isn't...

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#7]
One would think the barrel pins aren't removable, but they are. I still have one a machine shop couldn't remove. The RSB has pins, so yeah, I think it's removable. How mean is my question. It's not serialized, unless mine is serial #G
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Just an update. I took the RSB off this morning and PM'ed the vendor on another forum. Wasn't too bad to remove all the stuff. FYI, the RSB isnt serialized, but the bottom of the sight ramp is, but it popped right off.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top