Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 3:33:46 PM EDT
A friend of mine called me a gun nut to day!
I only have four guns (and 3 kits to build).
So how many guns do you have to have to qualify as a Gun Nut?
Thats my question.
Besides It's a hobby not a life style Isn't it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Well here in New York it takes only 1...  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I understand , In California all you have to do is have looked at a photo of a gun while visiting annother state or country, and have a verifiable memory of seeing it to qualify you as a gun nut...and for being a gun nut you would be drawn, quartered, beheaded, evicerated...your entrails would be burned and your eyeballs would be plucked from your scull and shoved down the neck of your dismembered torso, all of this while your family watched...but no-one else would see it because it would be much too graffic for anyone else to see.....

That was my first thought, but after thinking about it I think California really does have anti-gun nuts who wouldn't mind seeing something like that happening.......Feinstein is someone who might enact legislation to get something like that done......

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not the number, it is the state of mind!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
and whats wrong with being a gun nut?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
and whats wrong with being a gun nut?

+1  

They talk about it like its a bad thing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Well nothing I suppose except people tend to see you as a homicidal maniac
I’m not apologizing for it, it just seems it’s another label that’s all
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Some guy I used to work with called me a gun nut.

I just looked at him with a crazy look in my eye and said "I'm not a gun nut, I'm just a nut with a gun"

It shut him right the hell up.

ps: I'm not really a nut.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry at work and no one calls me a gun nut, they all want to work with me in case we get robbed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
The irony is this guy is a hippy lovin Kerry voting liberal!!!!!!!!!!
And I got him to buy two AK kits!!!! A Romey and a polish underfolder!
I think he is well on his way to the dark side.
It was just strange to hear being called a gun nut.
But I am what I am.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
If you are wealthy , you would be called ecentric .  Sounds better doesn't it .
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A friend of mine called me a gun nut to day!
I only have four guns (and 3 kits to build).
So how many guns do you have to have to qualify as a Gun Nut?
Thats my question.
Besides It's a hobby not a life style Isn't it?

Yeah,just keep telling yourself that!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's not the number, it is the state of mind!

+1!!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Some guy I used to work with called me a gun nut.

I just looked at him with a crazy look in my eye and said "I'm not a gun nut, I'm just a nut with a gun"

It shut him right the hell up.

ps: I'm not really a nut.

Good one!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#15]
If you're posting on ARFCOM, you're a gun nut.  Kinda like if everybody at the crackhouse knows you by name when you walk in, you're a crackhead.

Denial-it's not just a river in Egypt.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Depends. Most folks I know consider somebody who reads the mags goes to the gun shows and owns more than one gun a gun nut.

It doesnt offend me but It kind of bothers me when people say "uh oh" "what do you want THAT for" and insinuate that a gun enthusiest = paranoid or repressed homicidal maniac. kind of hard for you to explain to some that its asthetic value and sportsmanship  ... not just for defense against the unlikely ... and to many peoples narrow mind they really think its impossible in there little polished and sheltered world which they control that anyone other than a cop will ever need a good gun.

Now that my rant is over it doesnt really mean much.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#17]
nothing wrong with being a gun nut, just like being a car nut, a motorcycle nut, or a sports nut.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#18]
4 rifles and a couple of kits? Pffft! You're not a gun nut, more like a gun acorn.

I'M a gun nut!

How much ammo do you have?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#19]
4 rifles and a couple of kits? Pffft! You're not a gun nut, more like a gun acorn.

I'M a gun nut!

LOL how about a gun peanut!!!

Well one is a pistol I have a CWP
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'M a gun nut!

LOL how about a gun peanut!!!

Well one is a pistol I have a CWP

Call me when you break 30!

No offense. After all, it only takes 1.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Just look 'em in the eye and tell 'em what I tell 'em: "Yeah, as a matter of fact I am a gun nut, you got a problem with that?", it usually shuts 'em up ...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#23]
In Texas they only call you a Gun Nut if you don't own a gun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#24]
AUGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought another kit and a russian triangle folder
It was the last AMD 65 kit i could fine anyware
execpt for flordia gun works who is selling them for

$349.00

Yep you read tha right!!!!!!!!!!!
So I give up I'm a gun nut
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I dunno, but surely a double digit number of guns by 25 makes one a gun nut right?

If not, i guess i'll just have to buy more.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I know a few things...

I know I'm a gun nut,
I know I live in a bad neighborhood.
I know my neighbor's have seen me toting guns from the truck to the appartment or the appartment to the truck for range trips,
I know the people in the front office have signed for a .50BMG ammo can full of .50BMG, casses of .308, 54R, 5.56, and 7.62x39 and found out what it was.
I also know that 4 of my neighbors have had their vehicles broken into, 2 had their apartments broken into, one was stabbed and one was strangled, yet my truck, person or appartment have never been touched.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#27]
sad to say,
but a gun nut is someone that publically makes known that they like military style semis (you don't even need to own it, just indicate you want one....now you're a camo wearing/militia joining/cult preacher of doom gun nut).

used to be you could read a c.b.colby book about guns at the library.....now if you do, some will think you're the next columbine kid.

all your favorites/history on internet explorer (tm) related to firearms?  internet sniffers will label you a gun nut.

what went wrong with us society since 1985?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I know a few things...

I know I'm a gun nut,
I know my neighbor's have seen me toting guns from the truck to the appartment or the appartment to the truck for range trips,
I know the people in the front office have signed for a .50BMG ammo can full of .50BMG, casses of .308, 54R, 5.56, and 7.62x39 and found out what it was.
I also know that 4 of my neighbors have had their vehicles broken into, 2 had their apartments broken into, one was stabbed and one was strangled, yet my truck, person or appartment have never been touched.

Somewhat in the same boat here and I worry that if someone knows I have  firearms they will wait till Im gone and get them and my prized possessions will be in a local pawn shop or an instrument used in somekind of violence. Though I know they wont be stupid enough to try and break in my apartment knowing Im there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Gun Safe!!!

gonna have to get myself one
I fortunate enough to live in a. fairly safe hood
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Well so far this month purchased 4500 rounds of .22, 500 rds. of .45 and 1000 rds of AK ammo.

One time a gun auction I purchased over 20 guns for my personal collection, but the good news is I know people worst than me. Maybe I'm just average.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#31]
"Firearms Hobbyist"
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:33:35 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Gun Safe!!!

gonna have to get myself one
I fortunate enough to live in a. fairly safe hood

A gun safe is worth twice the money spent on it,for peace of mind.I stashed my guns all over the house for years,sometimes I'd take them to a friends house when I went on vacation,once I had a preminition and put them all in my vehicle when I went to work and my Wife [seperated at the time] wiped my house out that day.I now have a safe and feel good about it!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:20:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Oh man I'd loose my mind if it werent for a gun safe and ADT alarm system,I could'nt leave my house..And you know yer a gun nut when yer safe falls thru the floor of yer house..Happened to a ole boy down the road from me....LMAO.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know a few things...

I know I'm a gun nut,

Somewhat in the same boat here and I worry that if someone knows I have  firearms they will wait till Im gone and get them and my prized possessions will be in a local pawn shop or an instrument used in somekind of violence. Though I know they wont be stupid enough to try and break in my apartment knowing Im there.

+1 Here.  

Max
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm a gun nut and proud of it! People have asked me why I NEED so many guns. I always say why do people need thousands of stamps, coins, baseball cards and stuff like that. It's not wrong to like guns and have a bunch of them. I'm not a homicidal maniac, nor do I want to be, but if the situation arised where the flesh eating zombies came down my street, I am more than well equipped to handle it.

You can never have too many guns!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#36]
When the Zombie's come,I hope they come en masse!I'd hate to think I accumulated so many weapons,mags and ammo for it to all be over in just a few minutes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I know a few things...

I know I'm a gun nut,

its amazing the respect people find for you and your property when they know you have guns.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Respect out of fear is a double edged sword,the same People who fear you,will be the first to sneak up on you and cut your throat.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, I'm not even 20 yet and I have 4 AR's, an AK, an SKS, an M14 (polytech), an 870 Remmy, an 11-48 Remmy, 16ga Model 12, 20ga NEF single shot, 2 .22's, and an XD-40.

Total of 14 guns I can call my own.

AND to top it all off, look at all these friggen posts!

I'm on here a lot.

Certified Gun Nut..................I have no idea why I'm broke.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Ok I feel better, envious, but better LOL
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Mabey, don't know. I'll be out of this complex in about 4 months anyway so as long as they don't sneak up behind me by then...

With my habbits it's hard to tell when I'm home or not, or if my gun nut brother, who lives with me is there. I mostly bicycle commute so my truck is always there, my blinds are always shut, lights on timers, no telling.

As far as fear of the guns, that's what I primarily hope for. If I'm ever forced to draw in self deffense, I hope to god that they have enough fear that I don't have to pull the trigger. I may enjoy killing paper, and possible Javelinas, but people I hope to never have to.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#42]
In the People's Republic of Kali if you think about guns you are branded a gun nut by the liberal KGB there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Yea I've had a CWP for about 10 years and never have I even need to draw my weapon.
Never would want to unless it was to save a life (my own for starters) Although this state seems to have more than it's share of serial killers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Oh man I'd loose my mind if it werent for a gun safe and ADT alarm system,I could'nt leave my house..And you know yer a gun nut when yer safe falls thru the floor of yer house..Happened to a ole boy down the road from me....LMAO.....

+1 I don't need an alarm though.  No ones getting my safe out without a full days work.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top