Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 2:47:29 PM EDT
Can someone fill me in on the B West AK's that where made in Tucson AZ?

The gun itself. I know they are out of business. Good, Bad whats the scoop?

Thanks, Sanguine
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
does it say Norinco on it anywhere???????? Alot of BWest recievers were soft...if they were made by Norinco there ok. see if BWest is the Importer or maker.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
There were also the ones that were heat treated and sold through Denny' a coupl eof years back too...

If its an older gun and you are doubtful of the receiver integrity, rebuilt it on an arsenal or OOW.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
does it say Norinco on it anywhere???????? Alot of BWest recievers were soft...if they were made by Norinco there ok. see if BWest is the Importer or maker.

I don't know. I haven't seen it yet. I should see it next week. Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There were also the ones that were heat treated and sold through Denny' a coupl eof years back too...

If its an older gun and you are doubtful of the receiver integrity, rebuilt it on an arsenal or OOW.

KyARGuy

No reason why the existing B-West receiver can't be heat treated. No need to buy another receiver.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No reason why the existing B-West receiver can't be heat treated. No need to buy another receiver.

Can you heat treat a receiver that it still assembled to the trunnions and triggerguard???

Hmmm...

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you heat treat a receiver that it still assembled to the trunnions and triggerguard???

Hmmm...

KyARGuy

You wouldn't heat treat the entire receiver.  You would do it like the OOW receivers are done.  The trigger and hammer axis holes and the ejector.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm...

KyARGuy

You wouldn't heat treat the entire receiver.  You would do it like the OOW receivers are done.  The trigger and hammer axis holes and the ejector.

+1
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I've heard this "soft" BS before.  Or that the guy making them was a convicted murderer, rapist, drug dealer, etc.  I think it's all BS.  I bought one of these from a shop named Jensen's in Tucson many years ago.  I'm not sure of the configuration, but I am positive it used Chinese parts, or that perhaps B-West was just the importer.  Whatever the case, I fired countless thousands of rounds, never a problem.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've heard this "soft" BS before.  Or that the guy making them was a convicted murderer, rapist, drug dealer, etc.  I think it's all BS.  I bought one of these from a shop named Jensen's in Tucson many years ago.  I'm not sure of the configuration, but I am positive it used Chinese parts, or that perhaps B-West was just the importer.  Whatever the case, I fired countless thousands of rounds, never a problem.

B-West (Jensen's) was both a importer of Norinco and Russian rifles/pistols and a manufacturer of AK's built on a U.S. receiver they made (not really, that is just what they told the ATF, the receiver was actually made by a machine shop).  The did not heat treat their receivers.  You probably had a Norinco receiver.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll check it out this week and report. I can tell if it has been heat treated or not. If not I'll be looking for some advice on properly heat treating tthe holes.

Thanks
Sanguine
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Have you figured out if this is BS yet or did you have one of their imported Norinco rifles?  I personally know one of the guys that built their rifles on the US receivers they had manufactured and it is well known that "most" of their receivers were soft causing problems at the axis pin holes for FCG and hammer.  The Norinco receivers were fine though, I own a BWK-92 that I bought at Jensen's for $350.00 a few years ago.  I have been buying firearms at Jensen's since 1988.  

Plenty of info about heat treating receivers if you need it SANGUINE but if it is a Norinco receiver it should be fine.

Some heat treating info but there is alot more out there
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top