AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 7:47:57 PM EDT
http://www.ak47world.com/images/rifles.html

Not sure what to say.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
what's a "mickey-mouse" anti-trip device?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It's some sort of weird safety inside the kalashnikov.....never heard of one though. AKs have been built on 1mm receivers since 1959, and they've worked pretty good.

Arsenal rifles are the best out there next to the one you built yourself.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
My SAR-1 is the fishizzle, and I don't care about the opinion of some dumbass keyboard commando.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I loaded that page and my eyes started to bleed, so I had to close it again.

+ 1
I really want to read that but I couldnt finish so large and something else I cant explain.
I think I will copy and paste to a word document and do something with the damn font.

DAAAAMN Im dizzy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like someone at ak47world.com has a boatload of MAK-90s and doesn't like competition.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I loaded that page and my eyes started to bleed, so I had to close it again.

+ 1
I really want to read that but I couldnt finish so large and something else I cant explain.
I think I will copy and paste to a word document and do something with the damn font.

DAAAAMN Im dizzy.

I'll probably copy and paste it here in a minute.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Until we complete this F.A.Q. section - Here is information you might find helpful

PLEASE NOTE:
Not all U.S. modified Century Arms AK-47 variants (WASR-10, SAR-1, SAR-2, & SAR-3 Rifles) develop problems.

But, far too many of the Century Arms U.S. modified AK-47 VARIANTS HAVE PROBLEMS, like trigger slap, (due to cheap malformed cast trigger groups); canted front sights; canted gas blocks; improper sizing of the magazine well (mags fit too tight, ot too loose...); and bad, or sloppy headspacing not found in anywhere near such numbers in 100% FOREIGN-ASSEMBLED AK-47 VARIANTS from China, Hungary (F.E.G.), Egypt (Maadi), or Bulgaria, and the "TRUE Romanian" AK-47 RIFLES, like the ones only imported in 1997, before the "Great Deceiver", Bill Clinton signed another executive order halting 100% foreign-assembled AK-47 varinats that accept hi-cap mags, like the better-made 100% "TRUE" Romanian Cugir Arsenal Rifles, known as the WUM-1, CUR-1 (Romak-1) in 7.62 x 39mm caliber, & the AK-74 caliber (5.45 x 39mm) Romanian AK-74 variants known as WUM-2, CUR-2, or Romak-2 Rifles.

What is realy strange on other websites, is why so many people want to defend a rifle that is known to have the problems outlined above, unless some of the discussion is from FFL's who love the Century Arms TRASH for the great profits they derive from them?

Remember, AK47World.com DOES NOT SELL GUNS!!!

So, what would we derive from being truthful about POOR QUALITY AK-47's?

WE ARE ONLY LOOKING OUT FOR OUR CUSTOMERS, and therefore wish to guide them towards better made-foreign-built AK-47 variants.

If that sounds anti-American, please remember the AK-47 is not an American-derived weapon, and VERY FEW Americans have the DECADES of experience building AK-47 Rifles that the foreign MILSPEC AK-47 Arsenals have in making these weapons.

In otherwords, having a partially, or completely U.S. assembled AK-47 is kind of like having a Mercedes built on a Chevy Vega assembly line!!!

Evidence of this, is the trigger slap & the other problems of Century Arms U.S. assembled AK-47 variants, the STUPID POWDER-COATING (Baked Enamel) on U.S. assembled SA-M7, so-called, but not real Bulgarian AK-47's, has resulted in many of our customers breaking front sight adjusting tools, because of STUPIDLY-PLACED baked enamel on the front sight apparatus, WHERE the 'characters' in Las Vegas who make the SA-M7, had the nerve to suggest that customers go through the HASSLE of shipping their SA-M7 rifles back to Las Vegas for front sight adjustments!!!

Gee, that's real bright Arsenal USA???

It appears the guys in Las Vegas finally realized (with their Black Phosphate finished "SA-M7 CLASSIC", that "REAL BULGARIAN" AK-47's, like the better-made pre-1998 imported 'TRUE' made in Bulgaria AK-47 variants, like the SA-93, SLR-95, and the SLR-96, have the more appropriate military style Black Phosphate finish, instead of a STUPID, Heat-retaining Baked-Enamel finish found on regular U.S. made SA-M7 rifles! Thanks from Phone # 813-843-AK47

What are the best AK-47's for sale in the U.S.A as of 2003?

Here's some info on why Norinco type 56 stamped AK-47's (MAK-90's) are better than Russian & Romanian AKM rifles like the SAR-1, and why BOTH THE U.S. NAVY SEALS & FINLAND CHOSE NORINCO stamped type 56 AKM rifles.

Through the years of handling & firing AK-47 variants, we've found out quickly what AK's have problems and what AK's do not. (like Maadi's and Romanian S.A.R. series)

The Navy Seals and the Military Defense Council of Finland, both selected Norinco of China to supply Chinese type 56 AK-47 rifles, which are virtually identical (except for select-fire components) to the Norinco MAK-90, & without the MAK-90's thumbhole stock).

THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING, as the GALIL AK's, F.E.G.'s from Hungary, Arsenal of Bulgaria, and Russian AK's were all tested against the Chinese Norinco, and the Norinco came out on top as the most rugged, and best value, despite the fact that it would have been easier for Finland and the Navy Seals to buy AK-47 variants from other Eastern European, or Russian sources.

Finally, Norinco of China, Zastava of Yugoslavia, and Valmet/Sako of Finland all use at least 1.5mm steel for their stamped receivers on their AK variants, thus eliminating the need for a "mickey-mouse" anti-trip device (band-aid that does not solve the problem of too thin of receiver) found in the trigger groups of thinner 1mm steel receivers of Warsaw-Pact AKM's.

AKM is the Russian term of: Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernizya , which means modernized AK-47, referring to the stamped AKM of 1968, versus the milled AK-47 of 1947.

Warsaw-Pact AKM's include: Soviet/Russian mfg.,F.E.G. of Hungary (SA-85's, etc.), and Romanian W.U.M.-1's, W.U.M.-2's, S.A.R.1, S.A.R.2, S.A.R. 3's, as well as Maadi AKM's, RML, RPM, and the MISR.

What does receiver thickness and the lack of "mickey-mouse" anti-trip device that only complicates your trigger group, mean to AKM performance???

Simple, if you only fire your thinner receiver AKM variants lightly, you usually won't have any problems.

But if you need more out of your AK, like sustained fire/rapid fire, like with 75, or 100 round drums, or with other "extreme situations", the thicker 1.5mm stamped receivers found in Norinco, Valmet/Sako, and Zastava/Serbian rifles are more durable.

This means the thicker 1.5mm receiver AK's are a lot less likely to experience malfunctions like the thinner 1mm receiver AK's do, when the thicker receiver Chinese, Yugoslavian, or Valmet's get hot under rapid fire, sustained-fire situations, because there's less "fatigue", thus "flex" & jams, in the thicker 1.5mm steel receivers, than in the thinner-walled receivers of the Warsaw-Pact AKM-type rifles.

For more info, you can call us at our new phone # of (813) 843-2547, which spells (813) TIF-AK47 or stay tuned for more info!
-AK47 world.com

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sounds like most gunshow dealers (I said most, I know there are honest ones, just not many), 100%, overflowing, filled to the huilt, get the plunger quik, oh damn its to late crap...lol...

I ilke this one

" Simple, if you only fire your thinner receiver AKM variants lightly, you usually won't have any problems."

Damn, someone needs to e-mail or call most arms plants in Europe and let them know. They might need to recall 40+ years of AK's...lol...

Lo and behold, the mighty JNEWT SPEAKETH! All bow in humble reverence !

Someone go tell the Russians, Romanians, Bulgarians, Poles, Africans, Chinese, Ethiopians, Americans, and the whole ME that 1mm receiver AKMs shouldn't be fired very heavily....

But I gotta ask, what "mickey mouse" safety is this guy talking about?

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#12]
 Dang....no wonder real AKMs are unreliable and fragile.....and I thought the Chinese went with 1.5mm receivers to compensate for their low quality steel and inability to properly harden the steel.

I should thank that guy for setting me straigth.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
 Dang....no wonder real AKMs are unreliable and fragile.....and I thought the Chinese went with 1.5mm receivers to compensate for their low quality steel and inability to properly harden the steel.

I should thank that guy for setting me straigth.  

Took the words right oughta my mouth...

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I've,reluctantly,dealt with AK 47 World in the past for some hard to find Chinese parts,Daniel is wound a little tight!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The STUPID POWDER-COATING (Baked Enamel) on U.S. assembled SA-M7, so-called, but not real Bulgarian AK-47's, has resulted in many of our customers breaking front sight adjusting tools, because of STUPIDLY-PLACED baked enamel on the front sight apparatus, WHERE the 'characters' in Las Vegas who make the SA-M7, had the nerve to suggest that customers go through the HASSLE of shipping their SA-M7 rifles back to Las Vegas for front sight adjustments!!!

It appears the guys in Las Vegas finally realized (with their Black Phosphate finished "SA-M7 CLASSIC", that "REAL BULGARIAN" AK-47's, like the better-made pre-1998 imported 'TRUE' made in Bulgaria AK-47 variants, like the SA-93, SLR-95, and the SLR-96, have the more appropriate military style Black Phosphate finish, instead of a STUPID, Heat-retaining Baked-Enamel finish found on regular U.S. made SA-M7 rifles! Thanks from Phone # 813-843-AK47

lol, First off, He's saying that Arsenal USA builds the SA-M7. It's Arsenal Inc !
2nd, the finish on any AK, has nothing to do with breaking the front sight adjustment tools.
It's the fact that the ones ppl are buying and using are of poor quality.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The STUPID POWDER-COATING (Baked Enamel) on U.S. assembled SA-M7, so-called, but not real Bulgarian AK-47's, has resulted in many of our customers breaking front sight adjusting tools, because of STUPIDLY-PLACED baked enamel on the front sight apparatus, WHERE the 'characters' in Las Vegas who make the SA-M7, had the nerve to suggest that customers go through the HASSLE of shipping their SA-M7 rifles back to Las Vegas for front sight adjustments!!!

lol, First off, He's saying that Arsenal USA builds the SA-M7. It's Arsenal Inc !
2nd, the finish on any AK, has nothing to do with breaking the front sight adjustment tools.
It's the fact that the ones ppl are buying and using are of poor quality.

I don't even think the finish on the arsenal SAM-7 that Templar tore the hell out of even flaked off.

I need to send him the link to that thread...

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's some sort of weird safety inside the kalashnikov.....never heard of one though. AKs have been built on 1mm receivers since 1959, and they've worked pretty good.

Ben

Alot of the time it's called a "Rate Reducer" It doesn't reduce the rate of fire at all.
It just ensures the rifle doesn't fire outta battery. Delaying the action so that the bolt is all the way forward.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

Alot of the time it's called a "Rate Reducer" It doesn't reduce the rate of fire at all.
It just ensures the rifle doesn't fire outta battery. Delaying the action so that the bolt is all the way forward.

Is it a part built into the receiver or is it part of the FCG?

Thanks for the info.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

Thanks for the info.

Ben

It's apart of the FCG.

ETA:
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#20]
That cracks me up.........I love my SAR-1, but c'mon it's a $200 gun.... you expect the fit and finish of a Holland & Holland???? DUHHHHH
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ben

Thanks for the info.

Ben

It's apart of the FCG.

ETA: www.ftfindustries.com/ak-5pc-rr2.jpg

Huh. THANKS!

Ben
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top